Senior Specialist, Accounts Payable
The Sr. Specialist, Accounts Payable, is responsible for relevant regulatory and internal compliance and fraud mitigation through creation and completion of all Vendor Master File activities such as new vendor creation, maintenance and IRS Form 1099 reporting. In addition, this role will have the primary responsibility of reviewing and maintaining the current rent processes.
This position will be based at the Home Office in downtown Chicago.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Create and maintain all vendor records in Sage 500 accounting system, to ensure that all IRS tax validation and form intake has been completed and documented, all OFAC/SDN validation and resolution is performed and documented, banking information validation and confirmation of any other appropriate due diligence activities that may be required, such as IRS TIN Matching
* Must have working knowledge of IRS and OFAC regulatory requirements in order to uphold the controlled vendor master file.
* Review and maintain vendor records for proper IRS Form 1099 reporting. Review and adjust taxable and non-taxable payments quarterly in the Sage 500 accounting system to ensure timely annual reporting within the IRS established deadlines.
* Lead the annual vendor master clean up and review for duplicate vendors
* Review and maintain the recurring rent processes
* Provide customer service support to all Chapter and Home Office staff. Answer questions related to vendor record set up and update matters. Must maintain a professional attitude when interacting with internal and external customers in a manner that conforms to departmental standards. Must maintain a working knowledge of departmental and organizational accounting policies and procedures and be able to apply this knowledge to daily activities.
* Learn and master the weekly disbursement process and adhere to weekly department schedule, sharing the responsibility with the other Sr. Specialist.
* Review and post voucher batches. Provide feedback to Accounts Payable staff regarding batch errors and assign all corrections to the responsible team member.
* Serve as back up to the Senior Specialist on staff
* Assist in answering to email inquiries in the AP Team Mailbox.
* Train other staff as needed
* Assist with mailing checks weekly.
* Collect funds for parking vouchers and other funds received in the Cashiering office as needed.
* Positively contribute to the morale of the staff.
* Participate in mission driven events.
* Other miscellaneous duties or projects, as assigned.
* 5 - 7 years of experience in accounts payable activities Associate or college degree preferred
* Ability to function in a team-oriented environment as both a member of the team and a team leader.
* Advanced knowledge of IRS Information Reporting requirements for accounts payable and vendor maintenance
* Experience with accounting systems including accounts payable, 1099 and general ledger.
* Experience with daily AP accounting operations, month-end closing and internal controls.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Superior attentiveness to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external stakeholders, Including the Controller and Assistant Controller.
* Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Google Sheets
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately and meet daily deadlines.
* Ability to work in a fast past environment.
* Professional appearance and excellent organization skills.
* Superior customer service skills with the ability to respond to inquiries and complaints in a timely, professional manner.
* Absolute commitment to integrity in handling and safeguarding of confidential information, cash and checks.
* Good Math skills
Job Reference #: 3618