Senior Director, Walk to End Alzheimer’s
As Senior Director, Walk to End Alzheimer’s, you will put your proven sales and relationship management skills to work driving success and achieving revenue goals through positive engagement with staff and community volunteer leaders. As a recognized and enthusiastic community mobilizer and networker, you will lead your team to identify and cultivate relationships with key community leaders and C-Suite corporate partners effectively. As an ambitious fundraiser in the peer-to-peer space, you will coach and inspire your team to build successful event growth strategies through community and volunteer engagement.
In this key chapter leadership position, you will be responsible for the implementation of the regional Walk to End Alzheimer’s and the Walk Managers to meet or exceed goals through staff training, coaching and mentoring as well as volunteer recruitment and empowerment, team and individual fundraising cultivation, and through the diligent execution of strategies that align with best and proven practices.
This role is right for you if;
- You have proven success at building sustainable corporate and community relationships that contribute to achieving organizational and revenue goals
- You are able to drive success and provide positive engagement with staff and volunteers through coaching, recognition, and accountability
- Your experience in providing inspirational leadership, oversight and implementation of fundraising programs has resulted in meeting or exceeding revenue goals around mass market events/special events and corporate sponsorship
- You have successfully recruited, managed, and coached fundraising staff and volunteers to effectively implement best and proven practices to achieve fundraising goals with a priority on Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- You are known as a uniter and have successfully built a positive, healthy, and inclusive team environment that has resulted in long term community relationships
- You have managed volunteer-led mass-market events that have resulted in revenue growth year over year
- You have achieved or surpassed designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, and community partnerships
- You have demonstrated success at prospecting, cultivating and stewarding event teams, sponsors and participants
- You are comfortable with managing event budgets, training volunteers, utilizing timelines and translating data
What you Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years preferred peer-to-peer fundraising experience or equivalent sales background
- Demonstrated management skills, including the ability set clear goals, organize projects, establish and manage budgets, and establish accountability processes
- Ability to supervise and manage Walk to End Alzheimer’s staff, including onboarding, training and development
- A proven track record at building sustainable corporate and community relationships that contribute to achieving organizational and revenue goals
- Proven track record of developing and implementing strategies for identifying, recruiting and engaging high-level and C-Suite volunteer leadership,
- Enthusiastic willingness to work with diverse communities and build an inclusive environment
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car.
- While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs of materials
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Luminate/Convio software
SALARY: $100,000 - 120,000, plus up to 11% 401k, and 25 days of PTO, and many more benefits!
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
LOCATION: Greater San Francisco Bay Area
Walk to End Alzheimer’s® ranks as the second-largest peer-to-peer fundraising event in the United States, and continues to set the pace as one of the fastest growing walk events in the country.
This role is eligible for a $15,000 sign on bonus!
Why choose the Alzheimer’s Association?
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times each year since 2010, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we are relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 70 chapters across the country, we are advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: SENIO001549