Senior Director, Walk to End Alzheimer's
Walk to End Alzheimer’s® ranks as the second-largest peer-to-peer fundraising event in the United States, and continues to set the pace as one of the fastest growing walk events in the country.
As Senior Director, Walk to End Alzheimer’s - Silicon Valley you will put your proven sales and relationship management skills to work driving success and achieving revenue goals through positive engagement with staff and community volunteer leaders. As a recognized and enthusiastic community mobilizer and networker, you will lead your team to identify and cultivate relationships with key community leaders and C-Suite corporate partners effectively. As an ambitious fundraiser in the peer-to-peer space, you will coach and inspire your team to build successful event growth strategies through community and volunteer engagement.
In this key chapter leadership position, you will be responsible for the implementation of Walk to End Alzheimer’s to meet or exceed goals through staff training, coaching and mentoring as well as volunteer recruitment and empowerment, team and individual fundraising cultivation, and through the diligent execution of strategies that align with best and proven practices.
This role is right for you if;
- You have proven success at building sustainable corporate and community relationships that contribute to achieving organizational and revenue goals
- You are able to drive success and provide positive engagement with staff and volunteers through coaching, recognition, and accountability
- Your experience in providing inspirational leadership, oversight and implementation of fundraising programs has resulted in meeting or exceeding revenue goals around mass market events/special events and corporate sponsorship
- You have successfully recruited, managed, and coached fundraising staff and volunteers to effectively implement best and proven practices to achieve fundraising goals with a priority on Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- You are known as a uniter and have successfully built a positive, healthy, and inclusive team environment that has resulted in long term community relationships
- You have managed volunteer-led mass-market events that have resulted in revenue growth year over year
- You have achieved or surpassed designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, and community partnerships
- You have demonstrated success at prospecting, cultivating and stewarding event teams, sponsors and participants
- You are comfortable with managing event budgets, training volunteers, utilizing timelines and translating data
What you Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred peer-to-peer fundraising experience or equivalent sales background
- Demonstrated management skills, including the ability set clear goals, organize projects, establish and manage budgets, and establish accountability processes
- Ability to supervise and manage Walk to End Alzheimer’s staff, including onboarding, training and development
- A proven track record at building sustainable corporate and community relationships that contribute to achieving organizational and revenue goals
- Proven track record of developing and implementing strategies for identifying, recruiting and engaging high-level and C-Suite volunteer leadership,
- Enthusiastic willingness to work with diverse communities and build an inclusive environment
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car.
- While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs of materials
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Luminate/Convio software
POSITION: Senior Director, Walk to End Alzheimer’s - Silicon Valley
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
LOCATION: Bay Area, California
Why choose the Alzheimer’s Association?
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life-changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may develop the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to explore who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work for the last twelve years in a row.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan. Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This brief job description is not inclusive of all job duties and they may change over time.