Senior Director of Relationship Events
Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work for by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The Senior Director of Relationship Events is an integral part of our mission. In this position you will lead strategy, development, and implementation of Chapter relationship events including Dancing Stars and Golf Events. You will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding volunteers and donors to ensure the success of the Association’s fundraising efforts. In this position you will need to work collaboratively with Executives and other stakeholders in developing strategy, budgets, and implementation plans for all fundraising activities, statewide.
Responsible for Implementation and Outcomes of Chapters Relationship Events
- Direct accountability for goal revenue and budgeted outcomes of all Dancing Stars and Golf Events.
- Shared responsibility with Senior Director of Development-Atlanta for budgeted outcomes of all Metro Atlanta Constituent and Third-Party Events.
- Cultivate donors to give beyond these events and assist with major gift development.
- Develop and enhance the relationship event model to have the best outcomes and/or redesign this product for the future support of the Georgia Chapter.
Recruits, Trains, and Manages Team of Dancing Stars and Golf located throughout Georgia
- Responsible for daily management of direct reports that will be geographically distributed.
- Responsible for ongoing training and support of team in order to keep pace with the objectives and outcomes required of relationship events within the Alzheimer’s Association, Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting on the progress of Relationship Events to the Georgia Leadership Team and Board as well as the Alzheimer’s Association National Office.
Supports Georgia Chapter Development Team
- As a Senior Member of the Georgia Chapter Leadership Team, works collaboratively with other Senior Directors, Executive Director and other stakeholders developing strategy, budgets, and implementation plans for all fundraising activities statewide.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by Executive Directors.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years successful track record in relationship events or equivalent sales experience.
- Preferred experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to achieve goals.
- Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter with proven experience in managing a staff team.
- Superior motivator (written and verbal) with the ability to encourage others to maximize potential and achieve challenging organization goals.
- Demonstrated management skills, including the ability to set clear goals, organize projects, establish and manage budgets, develop work processes and supervise professionals.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships.
- Demonstrated success in managing large-scale community events.
- Demonstrated success in direct staff supervision and matrix management.
- Strong and proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Luminate/Convio software.
Job Reference #: 3585