Senior Director of Programs
This position is responsible for implementing the chapter’s volunteer-powered program delivery strategy, engaging with organizations to encourage community mobilization and supporting the chapter’s health systems initiatives. This position manages the Central & Western Chapter Program staff and reports to the Chapter Executive Director. This a full time position located in Charlottesville, VA.
- Increase reach of Alzheimer’s Association Common Programs with special emphasis on increasing participation among communities that have typically had low rates of engagement with the chapter.
- Build and expand the number of Alzheimer’s Association Community Educators, Alzheimer’s Association Community Representatives, support group facilitators and other Community Volunteers.
- Engage, train and manage relationships with community volunteers to expand the Alzheimer’s Association’s visibility and programmatic reach within assigned area.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations of community volunteers.
- Represent the chapter as needed at community events and networking groups.
- Lead and conduct Community Forums in order to develop an informed and community-focused plan for service delivery.
- Develop new, sustainable strategic community partnerships and volunteer supporters in an effort to increase the reach of the Association.
- Build referral partnerships with social service agencies, service providers and congregations to identify prospective volunteers.
- Analyze service data to identify gaps in delivery and create opportunities for increased volunteer engagement.
- Support the implementation of the chapter’s health systems strategy.
- Serve as a member of the account management team in an effort to engage health systems.
Other Essential Functions
- Implement the Chapter's Strategic Plan initiatives, programs and activities for the purpose of meeting designated goals, objectives and service metrics.
- Support chapter and national Advocacy and Public Policy goals.
- Prepare and distribute communications to volunteers and donors - via email, print, and telephone - based on the Association’s communications timeline and additional needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Human Services, Gerontology, Nursing, Public Health, or volunteer management.
- 2 years of experience in managing volunteers.
- 2 years of experience managing program implementation.
- 1-2 years of experience in community outreach, community mobilization or organizational capacity building projects/initiatives.
- Demonstrated history of health education, strong public speaking skills and an understanding of adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated success managing volunteer-led community education programs and support groups, with experience in recruitment, training, engagement, supervision and evaluation of volunteers.
- Demonstrated success working on a team to identify, create and launch strategic partnerships.
- Demonstrated success working with diverse populations, volunteers, staff, and external contacts to build and maintain successful teams.
- Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and/or analyze growth opportunities and make programmatic recommendations to Chapter leadership.
- Ability to coach and develop volunteer talent.
- Strong communication skills in person, print, and electronically.
- Ability to make data driven decisions.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment where limited resources can lead to strong demands on professional skill.
- Proven ability to build relationships founded on trust, follow-through and commitment which will enhance and further the Alzheimer's Association's mission, vision and organizational values.
- Demonstrated success in creating and nurturing community relationships. Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, electronically and publicly to a variety of audiences.
- High level of confidentiality, integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and access to a reliable personal vehicle to meet travel requirements throughout the Chapter territory.
Job Reference #: 3642