Senior Director, Community Engagement
The Senior Director of Community Engagement will be responsible for the strategic direction and significant revenue increase of the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, The Longest Day, and other Constituent Events.
The events team drives campaign management, sales strategy, brand management, customer experience and product development strategies.
The Senior Director of Community Engagement -will focus on the development and execution of the field implementation strategy and execution in areas such as peer-to-peer revenue growth, volunteer leadership development, customer experience and campaign analysis for all platforms under Constituent Events.
This position can be remote-based / work from home.
* Focus on the highest impact priorities in order to drive goal achievement, while effectively balancing a strategic focus with day-to-day execution.
* Identify, develop, and mentor a highly engaged, high performing staff team committed to understanding and achieving the revenue and volunteerism goals of the Association.
* Develop the comprehensive strategic plan for innovation initiatives, which includes strong case for expansion/implementation, organization of campaign standards, specific revenue, retention and recruitment targets, volunteer leadership development plans, participant cultivation visits/events and communication, budgets, timelines, logistics and marketing for each event.
* Intense consultation and collaboration with staff and volunteers across the Association to support revenue
* Produce forecasting and projections reports by evaluating the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign(s), community engagement, campaign/event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign.
* Oversee all aspects of Constituent Events including training, resources and strategies for the nationwide Chapter network and volunteers.
* Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, business administration or related field
* 7-10 years national or regional event management and training experience required in a non-profit environment
* VHA local or regional executive leadership experience preferred
* Team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
* Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment. Extremely efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
* Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills. Capable of handling diversified assignments and highly adaptable.
* Excellent written, oral, and communication skills. Includes presentation delivery, conveying ideas, and instructing effectively.
* Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative. Self-starter, requiring little supervision.
* Understanding of various computer systems and databases. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with Luminate a major plus.
* Ability to travel up to 70% of time as required.
Job Reference #: 3726