Senior Community Engagement Manager
The Senior Community Engagement Manager is responsible for the implementation and supervision of Walk to End Alzheimer’s® events in Central Minnesota to meet or exceed goals through volunteer recruitment and engagement as well as through corporate development. Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the fastest-growing walk program in the country, ranking as the third-largest peer-to-peer fundraising event in the United States. Measurable outcomes for this position include: achieving designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, community partnerships, as well as increasing Walk-brand awareness and visibility in the community. Based in St. Cloud, MN, this position requires frequent travel within the assigned territory. This position provides supervision and work direction to the Community Engagement Manager based out of the Rochester, MN office and the Community Engagement Manager in the Northern Minnesota (Duluth) office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and manage assigned development staff, including hiring and performance management, goal setting and staff professional development.
- Responsible for recruitment of volunteer community leaders and training, coaching, and management resulting in the attainment of revenue and team goals.
- Build relationships with key volunteers, participants, sponsors and community leaders as well as existing and new corporate partners.
- Responsible for overall Walk to End Alzheimer’s volunteer committee development, team recruitment and retention strategies, budget, timeline, marketing/PR, logistics and best practice implementation.
- Through volunteer networks, prospect, cultivate and steward Walk to End Alzheimer’s teams, sponsors and walkers to achieve development goals.
- Execute plan for maximizing team participation to achieve revenue goals by retaining existing teams, attracting new ones from all sectors of the community and by providing fundraising guidance and support.
- Maintain year-round relationships with key corporate sponsors and constituents to ensure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities.
- Work with the volunteer planning committee to organize outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association mission, including community presentations and corporate engagement opportunities.
- Ensure Walk to End Alzheimer’s standards are being followed.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Actively participate in learning opportunities for professional growth and self improvement.
- Recruit, train and steward volunteers and community supporters to hold The Longest Day® events.
- Assist in the coordination of other Alzheimer’s Association fundraising events, initiatives and advocacy efforts within the region.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of proven experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to achieve goals
- 3-5 years prior management/leadership experience
- Preferred peer-to-peer fundraising experience or equivalent sales background
- Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter able to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
- Proven success in building and maintaining key relationships and meeting strategic goals
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and presentation skills; enjoys public speaking
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3881