The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer's disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer's Association was recently recognized as the Best Non Profit to Work For in the Non-Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work for 2017, for the 8th year in a row.
The Alzheimer's Association is seeking to hire a Senior Accountant to prepare schedules, work papers and journal entries on a monthly basis as listed in Essential Job Functions.
Senior Accountant position is based at the Association's Home Office in downtown Chicago, IL.
Interested candidates who meet the following criteria are warmly invited to apply.
Essential Job Functions
* Prepare deferred rent schedules including journal entries for 200 locations;
* Prepare investment schedules and required journal entries;
* Track restricted gifts/releases and produce monthly restricted gifts schedule;
* Value and record research grants paid, maintain required schedules, and adjust as required by FASB at year-end;
* Prepare sales/use tax returns as required; assist with preparation of organization’s federal and state tax returns;
* Assist with maintaining split interest agreements and cash accounts including preparing journal entries and schedules as required; find and reconcile differences;
* Other accounting work as required
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
* Five years not for profit accounting experience at a large not for profit organization
* Experience with deferred rents, restricted gifts/releases and tax as described above
* Experience in preparing cash reconciliations in a multi-platform multi-discipline process
* Strong analytical and efficient problem solving skills
* Must be a self-starter and able to work autonomously and problem solve effectively
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Microsoft Office proficiency (particularly advanced level of Excel)
* Experience with SAGE preferred
* Occasional evening and weekend hours may be needed at peak time