Senior Accountant, Region 6
Location: Region 6 (Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma)
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Regional Finance Director, Region 6
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
Under the direction of the Finance Region Director and Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will assist with the day-to-day accounting functions of the Alzheimer’s Association for Region 6. A major emphasis of this position is to maintain accounting records and systems in compliance with Home Office Policy and Procedures.
This full-time position is located in one of our offices in either Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, or Oklahoma and reports to the Regional Finance Director.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitor and reconcile designated Statement of Financial Position accounts on a monthly basis. Create and maintain supporting schedules for those reconciliations and others as needed.
- Review employee expense reports and expense coding
- Review Accounts Payable batches for the region.
- Prepare and upload financial reports and historical reports for various internal departments
- Assist in the preparation of required schedules and documentation for annual audit and assist with the preparation and compilation of data necessary to complete Form
- Create and enter Journal Entries, prepare required back up and submit for approval.
- Assist with the entry of annual Budgets
- Assist with all chapter finance related questions and matters
- Other accounting tasks and reporting as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- 5 years of working in an accounting environment, non-profit accounting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated strength in accounts payable, revenue recognition and general ledger.
- Thorough understanding of developing and working with Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience with automated accounting and financial reporting systems (SAGE, BI360, Workday for example) strongly preferred
- Ability to learn multiple software applications used across the Association
- Detail oriented, accurate and efficient, with strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously, and problem-solve effectively.
- Strong communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well with others and keep supervisors well informed.
- Willing to work additional hours as needed on occasion, organize tasks, and work flow to meet deadlines.
- Able to handle multiple assignments and tasks, and to be highly flexible.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law