Senior Accountant, Region 1
Under the direction of the Regional Finance Director, the Senior Accountant will perform the day-to-day accounting functions that are managed at the regional level, including payables, cash receipts, journal entries, expense management and reconciliations. Additional responsibilities include supporting the FRD and Programs team in effective grants management including invoicing, reconciliations, and compliance reporting.
This a full-time position located in the Lynnwood, WA office and reports to the Regional Finance Director, also located in this office.
Essential Job Functions, including but not limited to:
- Responsible for day-to-day general accounting functions for the Region
- Process regional accounts payable; coordinating with staff in chapter offices
- Review and approve cash receipt processing; support staff during fundraising events to meet fiscal controls
- Prepare monthly journal entries; support the month end close process, prepare bank reconciliation
- Review corporate credit card submissions for coding and completeness
- Maintain processes for compliance to grant awards, grants management system and internal record keeping; prepare monthly invoices, close-out reporting, desk audits and other fiscal duties
- Research and resolve inquiries from staff, prepare ad hoc reports and analysis as requested
- Assist in the preparation of required schedules and documentation for annual audit and assist with the preparation and compilation of data necessary to complete Form 990
- Support the Regional Finance Director in the planning and monitoring of budgets and forecasts
- Work with Executive and Operational teams to develop process improvement plans and document procedures. Other accounting tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- Minimum 5 years of experience in day-to-day operations of accounting and finance department including financial accounts payable, general ledger and financial close process
- Non-profit accounting experience preferred, grants management experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience with Sage, or other automated accounting and financial reporting systems
- Detail oriented, accurate and efficient, with strong organizational skills
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously, problem-solve and prioritize effectively
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to collaborate and keep team members and supervisor informed
- Willing to work additional hours as needed on occasion and organize tasks and work flow to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Ability to learn multiple software applications used across the Association
- Normal office environment, regular business hours are 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Finance position requires longer hours from time to time, and potentially a weekend day during walk season. This is not frequent but occasionally necessary during close, budget, year end or walk seasons and can be planned.
- Physical activity includes standing, walking, sitting, light lifting of materials or supplies, and operating standard office equipment.
- Work may be fast paced during times of high volume or tight deadlines.