Ride to End ALZ, Senior Associate Director (Home Office)
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Director, Cycling Events
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last twelve years in a row.
This position will serve as a member of the Ride to End Alzheimer’s team under the Director, Cycling events, to ultimately expand the cycling fundraising initiative for the Association through recruitment and fundraising in specific cities (staff must be located in Minnesota (Twin Cities area), California (San Francisco or San Diego) or Illinois (Chicago area)). This is a US-based remote position with preference for California, Minnesota, Illinois and Florida.
This position will focus mainly on recruitment and engagement of committee members, teams and participants to increase revenue and fundraising for the Ride to End ALZ in multiple cities.
Candidates will need to be active and engaged in the cycling community and able to demonstrate a successful track record of leading cycling and/or large scale fundraising events at a national and regional level.
Candidates will need to be proactive team player with the ability to organize and prioritize a busy and varied workload with excellent technical knowledge, logistics experience, customer service and marketing skills.
- Develop recruitment plan; manage recruitment of volunteer committee members, teams and participants for multiple ride event locations.
- Develop engagement and fundraising plan; manage engagement of committee members, teams and participants at multiple ride event locations.
- Plan, develop and execute recruitment, fundraising and online training materials for participants and volunteers, along with becoming an online fundraising expert within our online platforms.
- Identify and oversee the event production and manage third party suppliers including, but not limited, to participant support, event logistics and event execution of multiple ride locations.
- Expand the profile of the cycling program by developing relationships within the organization and identifying key cycling industry partners, such as cycling clubs, event organizers and cycling retailers; focused on multiple ride event locations.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience managing cycling event
- 7 years of experience in non-profit development and management with a proven track record of large fundraising event success; cycling or fundraising, rider recruitment, management of volunteers, and event marketing.
- Successful candidate must have proven large fundraising event experience, participant recruitment efforts, volunteer committee management and have the skills to adapt experience into a cycling curriculum.
- Excellent communication skills, excellent customer service with a focus on sales and marketing understanding.
- Team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers with a collaborative nature.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment. Extremely efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills. Capable of handling diversified assignments and highly adaptable.
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills. (Includes presentation delivery, conveying ideas, and instructing effectively.)
- Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative. Self-starter, requiring little supervision that understands recruitment and fundraising.
- Understanding of various computer systems and databases. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with Convio or Luminate a major plus.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of time as required (once it is safe to travel)
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.