Reporting & Analytics Senior Specialist
The Senior Specialist for Metrics and Analytics performs an essential role including the development, maintenance and delivery of enterprise-wide dashboards, KPI scorecards and reports. The senior specialist will leverage his or her business and technical knowledge to design, develop, and implement data and analytics solutions. The incumbent will work with business and IT teams to understand business strategy and objectives gather information about business needs and ensure business requirements are being fulfilled throughout the entire data and analytics life cycle. This is a full time, remote, position, reporting to Senior Associate Director, Reporting & Data Analytics.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build interactive, scalable and automated dashboards, KPI scorecards and reports using Microsoft enterprise-wide business intelligence tools.
- Design Power BI data models that convert raw data into meaningful insights. Shape and transform data into reporting solutions.
- Write DAX queries and calculation functions in Power BI.
- Collaboratively work with colleagues to understand and translate business requirements into technical specifications that will enable self-service reporting frameworks for data consumers.
- Conduct testing and troubleshooting and collaborate with business and IT stakeholders in relation to User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and quality assurance for functional testing.
- Provide technical support to resolve stakeholder, business partner, and end-user issues.
- Provide training of Power BI functions, dashboards and reports to business stakeholders. Design and deliver end-user training and training materials.
- Provide support for Power BI desktop and administration of Power BI cloud platform.
- Deliver ad hoc reports, sharing observations and recommendations with stakeholders for further consideration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field
- 2 years of experience with data modeling, data analysis and visualization of data.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with BI reporting tools (i.e. Power BI, Excel, SQL) and relational database knowledge.
- Ability to connect to data sources in an enterprise-wide data warehouse and be able extract and transform data for visual reporting and analysis.
- Ability to handle large data sets and confidently design data models to meet the needs of business users.
- Ability to interact successfully with business and technical teams.
- Effective communicator with excellent written, oral and communication skills with the ability to convey complex and technical ideas to others in easy to understand ways.
- Ability to document processes, models, designs and solutions and be able to explain, represent and discuss with team members.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously improve and streamline processes and data models and work cooperatively to provide quality, seamless customer service.
- Ability to strategically think, assess the environment and apply learned lessons into future solution considerations.
- Extremely efficient in time management and can multi-task to accurately meet deadlines under pressure.
- Must be self-motivated and eager to learn
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.