Relationship Events Manager
This position is responsible for fundraising growth primarily in Tarrant County, Texas through the successful planning, development and execution of relationship and gala events that meet or exceed goals through volunteer recruitment and engagement as well as through corporate development. Position will also be responsible to assist in the success of all fundraising events throughout the chapter territory, including but not limited to Walk to End Alzheimer’s®, The Longest Day, and other special events. Measurable outcomes for this position include: achieving designated financial and participant goals through individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, community partnerships, and increasing brand awareness and visibility for the Alzheimer’s Association in the community. This community facing position works in the Fort Worth, Texas office. This position will require frequent travel within the assigned territory.
This position is eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus!
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for effective volunteer engagement, including recruitment of volunteer community leaders, on-boarding and training of community leaders, coaching and management of volunteers, which result in the attainment of revenue goals.
- Build healthy relationships with key volunteers, participants, sponsors and community leaders as well as existing and new corporate
- Execute plan for maximizing volunteer engagement by retaining existing volunteers, attracting new ones from all sectors of the community and by providing fundraising guidance and
- Responsible for overall event volunteer committees development, budget, timeline, marketing and communication, logistics and assessment of event strength and challenges.
- Through volunteer networks, prospect, cultivate and steward sponsors and corporate participants to achieve goals.
- Maintain year-round relationships with key corporate sponsors and constituents to ensure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities.
- Work with the volunteer planning committee to organize outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association mission, including community presentations and corporate engagement
- Ensure all organizational standards are followed.
- Partner with local Association staff to grow the Alzheimer’s Association’s reach, impact and diversity across the service area.
- Responsible for other duties as
- Actively participate in learning opportunities for professional growth and self- improvement.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of proven experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to achieve goals
- 2-3 years of proven experience in successful relationship or gala events management
- Prefer large event/gala fundraising experience or equivalent sales background
- Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter able to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
- Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfil the job
- While most travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 pounds of materials
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products, social media, budget management software, constituent management software, special events software
- Ability to learn various software packages and use effectively
Relationship Event Manager
North Central Texas Chapter
Reports to: Director of Development
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life-changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may develop the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to explore who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work for the last twelve years in a row.
At the Alzheimer's Association®, we believe that diverse perspectives are critical to achieving health equity - meaning that all communities have a fair and just opportunity for early diagnosis and access to risk reduction and quality care. The Association is committed to engaging underrepresented and underserved communities and responding with resources and education to address the disproportionate impact of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.