Job Title: Southwest Regional Manager – Utah Chapter
Location: St. George, Utah (temporarily remote during COVID)
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Executive Director
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Southwest Utah Regional Manager will manage a corps of volunteers dedicated to delivering essential Chapter programs and services in Southwest Utah, including Washington, Kane, Garfield, Iron and Beaver Counties. Under the direction of the Chapter Executive Director, this position leads the volunteer facilitation and delivery of information and support to family caregivers and individuals with Alzheimer's through support groups, education programs, community outreach programs and early stage programs. This position will manage the organization’s transcendent event; the Walk to End Alzheimer’s to facilitate the engagement of the full mission of our organization, and to raise funds to meet annual revenue objectives. Additional duties will include outreach to local healthcare systems and long-term care systems, healthcare professionals and local research entities. This position will manage the office location in St. George.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit, train, support and collaborate with volunteers and community leaders to deliver the Association's core educational and support programs, including providing an increasing number of support groups, community education programs, community outreach (i.e. health fairs, etc.) and early stage programs throughout the Southern Utah Service Area.
- Manage chapter Walk to End Alzheimer’s efforts through promotion of Walk to achieve annual revenue objectives in the St. George and Cedar City market areas. Execute prescribed Walk plan, which includes recruiting well connected volunteer leadership who will assist in the recruitment of corporate sponsors, teams and participants. Collaborate with volunteer leaders to manage fundraising event details including calendars, reports, goals, timelines, meeting arrangements, appointments, communications, logistics, vendor relations, permits, budgets and donor engagement.
- Support other chapter fundraising endeavors including promotion of The Longest Day event and Reason to Hope event(s).
- Engage community partners to host support groups and work to build strong community relationships.
- Collaborate with the Communications Director to develop marketing content to promote programs and increase participation.
- Achieve the initiatives focused on building and strengthening relationships with healthcare and long term care systems, increasing the number of referrals to chapter services from healthcare professionals.
- Achieve diversity and inclusion initiatives and outreach to Hispanic, Native American, and other diverse communities, building positive relationships and providing increased services.
- Represent the Association through community outreach efforts. Represent chapter at public events, conferences, workshops and media events.
- Work to build understanding for the Alzheimer's Association, its research, programs and services in all communications with current and potential donors.
- Review and monitor revenue accounting and reporting systems in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. An equivalency of work experience and education may be considered.
- Three or more years of experience in sales, marketing or a related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to self-start, multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to lead, guide and inspire volunteers to achieve goals and objectives while demonstrating and promoting open communication, transparency and teamwork
- Ability to present to and facilitate groups in a manner reflecting an understanding of different learning modalities, communication technologies, group processes and cultural diversity
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative while working remotely
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a supportive team environment on strategic initiatives, priorities and mission fulfillment
- Access to a reliable vehicle, a valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.