Regional Finance Director, Region 1
- Supervise chapter finance staff within the assigned region. Train region Finance staff on policy, procedures, and standards, including addressing non-compliance.
- Provide the Region Leader and Chapter Executives financial support, including standard BI360 and Sage 500 financial reports. Develop accounting systems expertise necessary for such reporting and analysis. Address questions from non-financial chapter staff on financial statements.
- Review and approve accounting transactions for compliance with Chart of Accounts and documentation support practices. As needed, prepare chapter Sage 500 entries.
- Ensure that the region’s chapters are preparing timely and accurate monthly balance sheet account reconciliations. Approve the reconciliations and then forward approved reconciliations to the Finance Area Lead.
- Manage contracts compliance for the region’s government grants. Identify Amplifund grant software power
- Ensure that chapters are depositing cash and processing gifts in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with internal control best practices. Oversee the monthly reconciliation of donor database donations to those in Sage 500.
- Provide training to ensure chapters in the region are processing accounts payable correctly. Follow-up and resolve noncompliance. Monitor the use of emergency checks and determine their necessity.
- Monitor the proper use of restricted funds in the region’s chapters.
- Oversee the use of use of chapter reserves by the chapters.
- Prepare the region budget including assisting chapters. Critique chapter budgets and advise the Regional Leader on approval of chapter budgets.
- Utilize reports in Concur analytical to manage compliance with Corporate Purchasing Card Policy and Concur usage standards, procedures and best practices.
- Ensure that chapters within the region are reporting AIM hours in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage the production of non-cash items and volunteer information for the IRS Form 990.
- Manage the filing by chapters of city and local tax filings.
- Prepare required schedules for the annual external audit.
- Assist Internal Audit with chapter audits as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA a plus.
- 7 years progressive Not-for-Profit financial accounting experience, preferably with a non-profit of similar size and scale to the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Solid knowledge and application of GAAP.
- Excellent track record of leading and managing a team. Ability to effectively manage a team of geographically dispersed staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and other databases, especially MS Excel. Familiarity with Sage 500 preferred.
- Analytical and detail-oriented personality combined with professional presence.
- Well honed communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and meet deadlines.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours may be needed at peak times.
- Occasional travel may be required, up to 10%
Job Reference #: 2953