Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with the disease, their care givers, and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last nine years in a row.
The Regional Director will build strategic relationships, conduct community outreach activities and develop and coordinate program Care and Support services in the multi-county region. Additionally, the position will implement the organization’s strategic plan goals, increase service contacts and reach new constituents through the successful engagement of volunteers.
This position is located in Grand Junction, Colorado and will also serve the counties of Mesa, Montrose, Delta, Gunnison, Garfield, Rio Blanco, Moffat, Pitkin and Lake.
- Create and execute strategies to expand outreach, including reach to rural and underserved areas, key gatekeepers, health systems, long term care and potential volunteer champions.
- Coordinate annual community forum using best practice model.
- Increase regional awareness and concern of Alzheimer’s disease and the Association.
- Identify and build community partnerships, including those focused on diversity and inclusion, programs, public policy, fundraising and other collaborative opportunities.
- In partnership with Director of Regional Programs, plan, develop, and oversee volunteer delivery of core programs and services in the region, including education classes, support groups and early stage engagement.
- Provide direct services to families, including providing information about local resources, educational programs, MedicAlert Safe Return incident follow-up, support group referrals and care consultations.
- Collaborate with other Chapter staff on regional support in areas such as public policy, fundraising, marketing and communications and grant opportunities.
- Ensure data integrity for program reporting and outcomes aimed at measuring local mission delivery and progress towards strategic plan objectives.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the regional office and provide leadership and supervision for volunteers.
- Ensure active partnership with Alzheimer’s Association leadership through local compliance with organizational policies and procedures, including budgeting, technology, and fiscal controls and standards.
- A Bachelor’s degree in human services, education, public health, or similar field. A Master’s degree in a related field preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience working with clients, facilitating groups and conducting training programs
- A minimum of three years of related experience in nonprofit management, program implementation, community engagement and volunteer engagement. Experience recruiting, retaining, and leading productive volunteers preferred
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to present in large and small groups
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, negotiation and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to self-start, multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a supportive team environment on strategic initiatives, priorities and mission fulfillment
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel locally and regionally as needed to perform job duties
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other software and databases
- Access to a reliable vehicle, a valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
Job Reference #: 3099