Regional Coordinator- Programs Specialist located in Salem, OR
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you!
The Regional Coordinator provides representation within the mid-Willamette valley region for the Alzheimer's Association within the mission’s programs, policies, procedures, and budget. This position manages regional partnership development, creates strategic and collaborative alliances, oversees service delivery, moves fundraising initiatives forward and positions the Association within the service area as the leader in Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Oversees and expands the Alzheimer’s Association’s services and presence within the mid-Willamette valley.
· Provides oversight implementation of Chapter-sponsored efforts such as the Educational Classes, Physician Outreach, Advocacy and Development programs.
· Assures that excellent outreach processes are in place to identify program and service needs within the diverse communities across the region, including rural and urban communities and diverse populations.
· Develops and implements strategies to build community awareness of the Alzheimer's Association as a resource for education, support services, volunteer, advocacy and fundraising opportunities.
· Serves as the face of the organization and galvanizes staff, program partners, volunteers, advocates and funders to support the mission and the work.
· Develops and supports local Walk to End Alzheimer’s leadership and moves development activities forward. Recruits and manages community volunteers to plan and implement Walks.
· Solicits renewal of past corporate sponsorships & teams and individual teams for the Walk. Actively recruits new corporate sponsors, individuals and exhibitors.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent professional experience.
· Relevant nonprofit management skills and experience, including familiarity with a similar regional office structure
· Proven ability to build relationships founded on trust, follow-through and commitment to enhance and further the Alzheimer’s Association’s mission, vision and organizational values
· Experience coordinating special events, fundraising, volunteer coordination and a proven track
record of success in community outreach.
· Demonstrated success building strong and productive work teams with a focus on creating and nurturing community relationships.
· Be comfortable operating within an independent environment and being directly involved with both external outreach (community) as well as internal tactical operations (Chapter).
· Possess valid Oregon driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, and proof of insurance.
· Willingness and ability to travel overnight, occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
Job Reference #: 3811