Job Title: Receptionist (Home Office)
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Office Services Manager
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
This position will provide outstanding professional service as the initial point of contact/liaison between Association staff and constituents. The receptionist will staff and maintain the reception desk providing customer service to internal and external audiences in the areas of internal meeting planning, office supplies, guest services, conference room scheduling, calls, etc.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet, announce and accommodate visitors & calls to the Association, Direct deliveries to mailroom.
- Serves as initial and central point for Office Services requests for tenant service and visitor log. Inputs requests through building portal, directs requests to the appropriate person, and follow-ups to insure requests are completed.
- Maintains internal meeting and tele/web conference calendars, prints calendars for posting
- Assist HR with new hire materials, i.e. emergency folders, mugs, temporary badges and scheduling keycard appointment with the building.
- Liaison with building management and projects as assigned by Manager, Office Management
- Assist with maintaining upkeep and cleanliness of kitchen and reception area. Also process invoices on a limited basis as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D)
- Two - three years experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent professional customer skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good word processing and general computer skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations; ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to sit at desk for up to three hours
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week) will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.