Real Estate Lease Asset Manager
The Alzheimer’s Association Chicago office seeks a dynamic Real Estate Asset Manager responsible for managing an office real estate portfolio as assigned consisting of 280 locations as well as designing and implementing internal audits of common area operating expenses, comparative metrics for portfolio, custom reports and workplace space standards. This position will work closely with other real estate and legal staff, field location executives, chapter executives and finance and area leaders across the nation. In addition, this position will work closely with a nationwide corporate real estate brokerage firm for current leases, lease renewals, owned properties and gift real estate.
This position is based in Chicago, IL and reports to the General Counsel.
Essential Job Functions:
* Define business requirements (expansion, renewal, contraction) and objectives including exit strategies appropriate to transaction.
* Define field location requirements (square footage, parking, conference room needs) and preferred amenities.
* Recommend workplace space strategies.
* Be liaison between field executives and chapter one point of contact with real estate brokerage firm representatives.
* Develop timeline outlining deadlines and responsibilities.
* Work with local broker assigned, field executive and legal to develop letter of intent for each transaction. Ensure terms of letter of intent are included in final lease document signed.
* Interface with chapter executives, field executives, regional finance, regional and area leaders updating and communicating status of transaction and progress.
* Financial analysis, reporting, variance reporting and other reports as necessary for the portfolio.
* Provide competitive bidding analysis for each new lease or renewal or sole source justification.
* Manage the transaction process to ensure that all pertinent information is readily available for decision making purposes.
* Using lease database create reports or methodology for sites handled of notifying field and chapter executives of pertinent lease data, critical dates, contacts, notification deadlines and a summary of lease information by site.
* Supervise or perform desk top audits of landlord pass-through common operating expenses
* Bachelor’s Degree
* 3-6 years of real estate asset management experience including small space offices
* Non-profit experience preferred
* Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent customer service and communication skills, with the ability to understand stakeholder needs and work with a cross functional team
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and ProLease database or other lease software preferred
* Ability to work under stress and handle multiple projects at one time
* Ability to build strong relationships, and to become a trusted resource throughout the Association
* Ability to travel occasionally, less than 10%
Job Reference #: 3595