Public Policy Assistant - Part-Time
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The Public Policy Assistant is a support role directly reporting to the Director of Advocacy and Strategic Partnerships with our Oklahoma Chapter. The role is a positive first impression of our organization and provides critical administrative support. This is a part-time position working approximately 25 hours per week.
- Assist with filing, correspondence, phone calls, meeting preparation, powerpoint and other needs of the Advocacy and Strategic Partnership Department
- Creating an organized and well structured system of files.
- Assist with emails/calendar for Director
- Assist with scheduling meetings around the state, state Capitol, Washington, D.C. for Director
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Advocacy and Strategic Partnerships
- Proficient on all Microsoft Products
- Experience with phone etiquette
- High School Graduate
- Experience in working with volunteers/customers
- Ability to type 50-70 wpm
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 3094