Project Manager, Digital Strategy
Job Title: Project Manager, Digital Strategy – Home Office
Location: Chicago, IL/Remote
Full time based on minimum 37.5 hours/week
Reports To: Sr. Associate Director, Web Projects
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Project Manager, Digital Strategy leads programs and projects to enhance the user experience across multiple digital channels. This position manages relationships with internal and external stakeholders and is critical to execute constituent engagement through software development, email marketing, search optimization, data analysis, and other digital assets and operations. The Project Manager, Digital Strategy, demonstrates knowledge of industry trends and changes, incorporating best practices into the organization’s digital strategy.
This position is based out of the Alzheimer’s Association’s Home Office in Chicago, IL and reports to the Senior Associate Director, Digital Strategy. Remote/hybrid work is available.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead projects that develop software platforms including databases and reporting tools to strengthen constituent engagement; establish systems to ensure operational success and continuous improvements (20%)
- Lead projects that configure conference mobile apps, collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure an integrated user experience by streamlining processes and leveraging data (20%)
- Assist with large scale, internal initiatives for the Digital Strategy department (15%)
- Assist Sr Associate Director, Digital Strategy with complex projects as required (15%)
- Optimize organization web presence by coordinating local listing management of organization offices across the country, conducting industry research and building programs to improve search results (10%)
- Examine opportunities to leverage emerging technologies to enhance user experience for organization staff and external audiences (10%)
- Manage vendor relationships and other projects as needed (10%)
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to define, develop and manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Strong communications skills, able to translate technical concepts into accessible and actionable messaging
- Team player with demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Experience leading end-user training and software implementation
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think strategically
- Proactive self-starter who identifies trends and opportunities for improvement in project management and operational processes
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed for the job
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, computer science, marketing or a related discipline; Preferred: Master’s degree; communications, computer science, marketing or a related discipline.
- Minimum 7-8 years progressive, professional communications and/or project management experience; Preferred: 8-10 years, or 7-8 years combined with preferred education
- Project Management certification (PMP) Preferred
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.