Programs Volunteer Case Manager
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with the disease, their care givers, and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last nine years in a row.
The Program Volunteer Case Manager will oversee all volunteer service delivery for the New Mexico Chapter in the areas of helpline, education and support. This position manages the care and support services to include volunteer recruitment, training, placement and supervision for education classes, caregiver support groups and early stage engagement programs.
The Programs Case Manager assures that caregiver education classes and support groups are coordinated, scheduled, and provided in a safe, timely, effective, efficient, accessible and client-centered manner.
* Ensure sufficient volunteer caregiver educators and support group facilitators to meet Chapter targets.
* Provide volunteer recruitment, training, placement, logistical support and supervision for education classes, caregiver support groups, and early stage engagement programs.
* Keep comprehensive records of assigned caregiver education and support groups, including maintaining files and documentation in both paper and electronic formats.
* Provide and instruct caregiver education classes in the Greater Albuquerque Metro Area.
* Provide presentations in the community as required.
* Brief Program Director regularly on all activities and issues related to volunteer case management activities.
* Maintain high level of confidentiality as it relates to clients, personnel, the agency and all records/documents.
* Bachelor’s Degree in health, human services, education, public health or related a related field of study preferred. An equivalency of work experience and education may be considered
* A minimum of two years of experience coordinating program activities strongly preferred
* Experience with volunteer management, recruitment and retention strongly preferred
* Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy and a manner that achieves the Chapter service targets
* Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
* Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to independently multitask, set priorities, manage time and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with little supervision
* Proficient in the use of MS Office programs
* Ability to use a variety of software and databases
* Ability to work on a team and develop relationships throughout the state
* Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
* Access to reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
* Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
* Ability to travel occasionally throughout the Chapter area with some overnight and weekend travel required
Job Status: Internship,Volunteer
Job Reference #: 3182