Located in El Paso, Texas this position facilitates Chapter support services, works with Chapter Healthcare systems and Long Term Care facilities, engages in Diversity Outreach activities, organizes volunteer training and oversees the collection of information needed for timely and accurate reporting of services.
Essential Job Functions
- Identify, recruit, train, and manage high impact volunteers to deliver general education programs to families as well as professional caregivers.
- Establish key partnerships in Chapter regions and surrounding service area for volunteer recruitment and outreach.
- Leads staff in the achievement of the Alzheimer's Association's objectives to improve ADRD diagnosis, disclosure, and care, through a consultative and collaborative approach to Health Systems and their staff that increases the uptake of effective clinical practices.
- Leads staff in the development, prioritization, and cultivation of a Health Systems partnership portfolio, with an emphasis on systems with the greatest potential to impact the Association's Health Systems goals.
- Engages in Diversity Outreach activities as directed.
- Works with other staff in chapters and the home office to strengthen the influence of the Alzheimer's Association on ADRD diagnosis and care in Health Systems.
- Engage in Chapter Physician Outreach activities.
- Provide monthly data and statistical reports to Director and Program staff.
- Learn and utilize the CRM database operating system.
- Schedule and oversee Chapter educational conferences as deemed necessary or appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in health care management, social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, gerontology or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrates 2 or more years of experience working for or with health systems and understands relevant aspects of health systems operations, such as quality improvement, person-centered care, access to care, and payment and policy issues.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience implementing and delivering community programs.
- 1-3 years’ experience working in Alzheimer's or dementia field preferred.
- Experience recruiting and training volunteers.
- Experience in training and instructional presentations.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2937