The Program Specialist is responsible for implementing an established program reach strategy to deliver the Association’s Care & Support programs and services with a strong emphasis on reaching new, underrepresented communities with volunteer-delivered programs in a specified geography or population. This position is grant funded.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implements the established program community model by leading and conducting Community Forums to develop an informed and community-focused plan for service delivery
- Undertakes a public health approach to Care & Support activities in order to expand reach and effect community-wide impact.
- Guided by the community outreach plan, increase reach of Alzheimer’s Association Common Programs and awareness presentations with special emphasis on increasing participation among communities that have typically had low rates of engagement
- Develop new, sustainable strategic community partnerships and secure Community Action Plans
- Responsible for managing assigned portfolio of community partners and volunteers to achieve Care & Support goals and program performance metrics.
- Conduct outreach to general population and diverse communities with a particular focus on gap areas in key markets or within designated areas of assigned responsibility.
- Represent the chapter as needed at community events and networking groups and refer consumers to 24/7 Helpline for 1:1 support and makes warm transfers as needed.
- Implement Volunteer Recruitment strategy to help increase participation, outreach to gap and diverse communities, while managing volunteers dedicated to demographic outreach and support for volunteer delivered Association community education programs, caregiver support groups, Conference presentations and other volunteer programs.
- Provides technical assistance, mentorship and support to Program Volunteers ensuring volunteer onboarding and accountability by regularly monitoring volunteer impact and acting to improve volunteer performance
- Build and expand the impact of Alzheimer’s Association Community Educators, Community Representatives, Support Group Facilitators and other Community Program Volunteers
- Engage, train and manage relationships with community volunteers to expand the Alzheimer’s Association’s visibility and programmatic reach within assigned area
- Conduct Mission Conversations with community volunteers
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting including ensuring data is entered into applicable software and systems (Personify, PVC, etc.).
- Model and foster behavior that contributes to a culture that values the staff/volunteer partnership and is consistent with the values, goals, and cultural beliefs of the Association.
- Able to cultivate relationships with targeted partners/organizations and diverse populations to create sense of urgency related to dementia awareness as a major health problem and motivate to action
- Ability to represent the Association effectively to community partners, community leaders, corporate partners.
- Proven experience in community service development and sustained program integration.
- General knowledge of community-based organizations and systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience; Three years of experience in program delivery or volunteer management. Experience in community health and community mobilization a plus.
- Travel, including evening and weekend work required.
Position Title: Program Specialist
Position Location: Kleberg County, TX
Part time based on 24 hours per work week minimum
Position Grade: 105 Exempt
Reports To: Program Director
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life-changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may develop the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to explore who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work for the last twelve years in a row.
At the Alzheimer's Association®, we believe that diverse perspectives are critical to achieving health equity - meaning that all communities have a fair and just opportunity for early diagnosis and access to risk reduction and quality care. The Association is committed to engaging underrepresented and underserved communities and responding with resources and education to address the disproportionate impact of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: PROGR001499