Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The Program Specialist will oversee all volunteer service delivery in the areas of helpline, education and support. This position manages the care and support services to include volunteer recruitment, training, placement and supervision for education classes, caregiver support groups and early stage engagement programs. In addition, the Programs Specialist will conduct in-office care consultations.
- Oversee volunteer-delivered education programs, including recruitment, training and retention of community educators and support group facilitators. Work hand-in-hand with the Manager of Community Volunteers, the Program Manager, and Program Director to maximize volunteer contributions to the Association, especially among minority, high risk, and underserved populations.
- Manage and continue to grow the Support Group and Community Educator Programs including 1) recruiting volunteers that meet Alzheimer’s Association requirements, 2) delivering/ coordinating volunteer trainings and ensuring they are up-to-date with Home Office and best practice standards, 3) providing volunteers ongoing support through monthly emails, consultation as needed, and annual check-ins, 5) working with volunteers to ensure accurate data collection, 6) establish new groups and trainings as needed.
- Provides Helpline and Care Consultation services to individuals with any stage of dementia and their professional and family care partners from all cultural groups. Care consultation will consist of 1) caregiver/family assessment, 2) establishing client-centered treatment plan, as needed, including identification and referral to available/appropriate resources, 3) implementation of treatment plan, if warranted, 4) documentation of progress. Care consultation services may be provided by phone or in person.
- Develop new, sustainable community partnerships that advance the chapter mission, expand program reach and increase program delivery as per Strategic Plan goals.
- Build strategic partnerships with community organizations, academic, public and private sector to advance the chapter mission and serve more clients across the territory.
- Analyze service data to identify gaps in service program delivery territory and create new opportunities to expand programming and recruit new volunteers.
- Represent the Alzheimer’s Association at community-wide meetings and on relevant initiatives.
- Support the fundraising events throughout the region.
- A Bachelor’s degree in human services, education, communications, public health or related field.
- A minimum of two years of experience coordinating program activities and working with volunteers (volunteer management, recruitment and retention).
- Skill in communicating to different constituents, professionals, families and the community
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database management
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, self-start and take initiative
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and work with frequent interruptions
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends (as needed)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3645