Program Specialist - Remote - Rio Grande Valley
This position, located in the Rio Grande Valley, organizes community education, volunteer training, and diversity outreach, facilitates support services, and oversees the collection of information needed for timely and accurate provision of services in South Texas. This position will be based out of your home office, with travel as needed. This remote work arrangement is temporary and may be changed, modified or canceled for any reason at any time.
Community Programs (50%)
* Increase reach of Alzheimer’s Association Common Programs with special emphasis on increasing participation among communities that have typically had low rates of engagement with the chapter
* Build and expand the number of Alzheimer’s Association Community Educators, Alzheimer’s Association Community Representatives, support group facilitators and other Community Volunteers
* Engage, train and manage relationships with community volunteers to expand the Alzheimer’s Association’s visibility and programmatic reach within assigned area
* Conduct annual performance evaluations of community volunteers
* Represent the chapter as needed at community events and networking groups
* Lead and conduct Community Forums in order to develop an informed and community-focused plan for service delivery
* Oversee and master the Personify database of constituents in South Texas, keeping events and participants up to date
* Provide Care Consultation level 1 to families in need in Rio Grande Valley
* Other program duties as required
Community Partnerships (35%)
* Develop new, sustainable strategic community partnerships and volunteer supporters in an effort to increase the reach of the Association
* Build referral partnerships with social service agencies, service providers and congregations to identify prospective volunteers
* Analyze service data to identify gaps in delivery and create opportunities for increased volunteer engagement
Health Systems (15%)
* Support the implementation of the chapter’s health systems strategy
* Serve as a member of the account management team in an effort to engage health systems
* Develop relationships with physicians and clinical providers to enhance referrals to Association programs
* Bachelor's degree in health care management, social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, gerontology or related field; or equivalent work experience.
* Proficient speaking and writing in both the Spanish and English language.
* 1-3 years experience implementing and delivering community programs.
* 1-3 years experience working in Alzheimer's or dementia field preferred.
* Experience recruiting and training volunteers.
* Experience in training and instructional presentations.