Program Operations Manager
The Alzheimer’s Association seeks a Program Operations Manager to lead the creation and implementation of systems and solutions to improve the performance and efficiency of Care and Support program operations. A key member of the team, the Program Operations Manager will provide other senior leadership with critical information to support the development of strategic goals and initiatives. The Program Operations Manager will then translate these strategic goals into practicable action plans and processes and oversee their implementation by the rest of the Operations team. The Program Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the coordination of education and program activities in New York City including educational workshop and support group coordination and marketing, volunteer development, and administrative support to the Program Director and Program team. The Program Operations Manager has the know-how and experience overseeing clinical, health or social services operations.
The function of the Program Operations Manager is to advance the Care and Support arm of the Association’s mission. Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Programs, the Program Operations Manager will plan, develop and implement workflows and procedures to ensure the roll out of quality, timely services. The Program Operations Manager will also oversee the work of the Operations team consisting of the Program Operations Specialist, and Program Operations Coordinator. . And as such will provide the guidance, assistance, coaching and supervision to the Program Operations Specialist, Program Operations Coordinator, Program Operations Assistant.
* Responsible for ensuring the operational flow of data and information for NYC Chapter Care and Support programmatic operations, evaluation and reporting. Develop and oversee quality assurance systems and evaluation processes for the Program team including developing evaluation plans and tools, performing data analysis to assess the quality, timeliness and impact of our services.
* Develop a system to capture program team performance against strategic, operational and grant-related goals, at the department and individual level.
* Responsible for ensuring the operational flow of data and information including: (1) data collection in a standard and consistent manner; (2) development of measurement instruments; (3) development of quality management tools, procedures, and training; (4) conduct periodic fidelity observations of data collection in the field to monitor adherence of data collectors.
* Collect and analyze data for operational and grant reporting, measuring progress toward strategic goals, and submitting monthly reports to the Director of Programs. Conduct data analysis, and prepare reports that are appropriate to readers external and internal to the Alzheimer’s Association; produce monthly reports for stakeholders.
* Responsible for overseeing and working with team leads in the planning, development and implementation of workflows and procedures to ensure the roll out of quality, timely services including data management, information and referrals, educational workshops, support groups, marketing, volunteer development. Manage and create workflows, processes and documentation between functional groups.
* Ensure that operations meet existing policies and that procedures are up to date, writing new policies and procedures as needed. Think strategically about current processes, systems and relationships and identify possible issues before they become issues.
* Partner with the Senior Director of Programs and other team members in essential activities (human resources, administration, budgeting, procurement, organizational planning and implementation). Work with committees as needed to support the mission.
* Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of the program team’s performance against strategic, operational and grant related goals. Document and maintain records to ensure process/systems are transparent and sustainable.
* Oversee the operational coordination of caregiver support services including care consultations, information referrals, educational workshops, and support groups. Define project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with the rest of the Program team - update and adapt to changes as needed.
* Responsible for procurement of equipment, materials and venues for the dissemination of programmatic information and delivery of programmatic functions. Included overseeing the development of marketing and promotional items from sourcing vendors, developing project timelines for drafting, procurement, fulfillment and distribution of information and marketing materials and tracking budgets.
* Engage with volunteers through the lifetime of their engagement with the Association including volunteer recruitment, vetting and, volunteer recognition.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Master’s degree in health care related field (public health, public administration, social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, gerontology or related) preferred.
* Minimum of ten years experience in administrative coordination of health services, operations or in a project management role.
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to develop and maintain client relationships.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan, implement and manage multiple projects at once and handle complex situations.
* Meticulous attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
* Experience in volunteer management and strong evaluations skills are preferred.
* Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and database management experience required.
* Ability to work with a wide range of people including persons with dementia, family caregivers, corporations, foundations, and volunteers.
* Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours as needed.
* Valid driver's license, access to reliable vehicle, and proof of current automobile insurance
* Self-starter, independent worker and willing to take initiative to problem solve
* Strong team player
* Willingness to travel in Chapter territory
* Desire to help families cope with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias
Job Reference #: 3293