Program Operations Coordinator
NYC CHAPTER PROGRAM OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
The Alzheimer’s Association - New York City Chapter. The mission of the Alzheimer’s Association is "To eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health." The Alzheimer's Association, New York City Chapter provides a variety of education, information and support services to persons with dementia, their families, health care professionals, and the community.
Under the direction of the Program Operations Manager, the Program Operations Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of programmatic activities in New York City including Care and Support activities like data management, education coordination and meeting technical support, volunteer development; administrative support to support groups; and administrative support to the Program Director and Program team. The Program Operations Coordinator is a critical role for the program team and is key to our operations developing, marketing and delivering programs to meet the needs of persons with dementia, their families, health professionals and the community including priority diverse populations among Latino, African American and LGBT constituencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures new community resources and related events are submitted to Helpline databases including entering information in Resource Database and into the Personify system.
- Maintain contact database of constituents for programmatic, marketing and other purposes.
- Processing constituent information received from physician referrals and other inbound referrals as well as data analysis of that information.
- Providing information and support services to persons with dementia, families, professional caregivers, and anyone in need of information regarding dementia as needed.
- Processing and sending information packets to constituents as requested and documenting the constituent record in Personify and creating follow up activity/assignments for other chapter staff as indicated.
Care and Support Activities Coordination
- Schedule and track upcoming chapter education event, support groups and enter data about events into Personify database.
- Collect all post event information and distribute/track as appropriate and provide report of Care and Support activities to Director of Programs and other team members.
- Assist in updating Alzheimer’s Association web pages for programs and services with current offerings.
- Develop targeted e-blasts using Personify/other data management systems as needed for the promotion of events including flyers and other written promotional elements.
- Inventory control and ordering materials to support the programmatic efforts of Program staff including brochures and other office supplies. Prepare all needed materials for exhibits and events.
- Assist other program staff in coordinating development and implementation of services to diverse communities and populations in the region.
- Attend select education and Program event activities providing onsite coordination and support.
- Assign volunteers to manage chapter exhibition booths at health fairs and other events.
- Identify opportunities to participate in community events to enhance the presence of the Association.
Meeting & Conference Support
- Develop in coordination with Program leadership a strategy to expand the reach of Alzheimer’s and Dementia education in the five boroughs of New York City using webinar technology.
- Provide video and audio technologies (teleconferences, webinars, live conferencing, and video streaming) support.
- Train staff on use of teleconference, webinars and other technology that can assist in expanding the reach of educational services as well as troubleshoot their basic problems.
Volunteer Development and Coordination
- Coordinate communication efforts that inform and support volunteer participation, retention, and recognition.
- Using the Volunteer Management System (VMS), maintain volunteer program documents, volunteer records, track statistics concerning volunteer participation, and report on volunteer activity.
- Recruit and screen potential volunteers with the assistance of the program staff.
- Orient, train and place volunteers with the assistance of the program staff.
- Schedule and coordinate ongoing volunteer education.
General Program Coordination
- Works with staff to assure that requirements for grant-funded programs and services in the assigned territory are met.
- Assist in deploying strategy for reaching and serving diverse communities with Chapter care and support programs.
- Provides administrative support to the Program Director as needed.
- Maintains accurate records of program and event participation and other metrics.
- Submits timely and accurate records and reports, newsletter articles and other information as requested.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in an administrative capacity/office coordination or in volunteer coordination.
- Two years of experience hosting events using with video technologies.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and database management experience required.
- Experience with volunteer management, including volunteer management systems.
- Self-starter, excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills to plan, implement and problem solve.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people including persons with dementia, family caregivers, corporations, foundations, and volunteers.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Valid driver's license, access to reliable vehicle, and proof of current automobile insurance.
- Self-starter, independent worker and willing to take initiative to problem solve and works well in teams.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to travel in local Chapter territory (New York boroughs).
- Desire to help families cope with Alzheimer’s disease and related Dementias.
Job Reference #: 3773