The mission of the Alzheimer’s Association is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The National Capital Area Chapter is one of over 80 chapters of the Alzheimer's Association throughout the nation, enabling us to assist families, wherever they live. Our Chapter territory includes the District of Columbia & the five counties in suburban & southern Maryland and 11 counties in Northern Virginia.
This position manages the delivery of programs and services based on the Association’s strategic plan deliverables for Montgomery County, the District of Columbia and surrounding areas. The incumbent will ensure set targets are met while increasing support to those living with the disease. Accountable for mission targets while providing quality customer services through strong collaboration with internal and external constituents, health system partners, and volunteers.
This position is based at the Chapter's office in Rockville, MD with travel required throughout the assigned territory, and reports to the Vice President of Programs and Services.
Core Job Responsibilities:
* Delivers on set strategic plan care and support goals and objectives through set mission strategies.
* Participate in local activities to raise public awareness with consumers, business, and health care professionals. Occasional evening and weekend work is required, as is mobility to visit any part of the region.
* Develops, manages, and monitors delivery of volunteer led programs and services including community education, Memory Cafés and other support programs.
* Supports the Vice President of Programs and Services in establishing strategy for health system partners and develops an action plan to meet set goals.
* Collaborates with Chapter staff to increase the Association’s presence in the community ensuring largest possible impact through programs and services.
* Develops and leverages relationships with key community partners to maximize impact and increase visibility in the community.
* Collaborates with the manager of diversity outreach to support and identify initiatives to meet diversity and inclusion strategic plan objectives.
* Ensure compliance with strategic plan including collecting data and measuring progress towards strategic goals.
* Bachelor’s Degree required in Social Work, Gerontology, Public health or Health Business Administration. Graduate degree a plus.
* Minimum of 3 yrs. experience in program administration, program development & educational programming or health care management preferably with a large national organization.
* Superior self-management skills and ability to work collaboratively with other departments to bring closure to projects.
* Outcome driven with proven experience in programming management.
* Excellent presentation and facilitation skills that reflect an understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
* Great interpersonal skills needed to work with diverse groups of people.
* Consistently achieves goals by finding ways to meet them even under tough circumstances.
* Able to cultivate relationships with key health sector businesses organizations and diverse populations to meet strategic plan.
* Ability to represent the Association effectively to community organizations, health system and hospitals, community leaders, and corporate partners.
* Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Proficient in computer-based information systems
* Collaborate with other chapter departments to meet the Association’s Strategic Plan Objectives
*Travel is required as a function of this person. A valid driver's license with a record in good standing, access to reliable personal vehicle and proof of automobile insurance is required.