In support of our mission to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health, the Chapter is seeking a dynamic, effective, constituent-focused professional.
The Program Manager is expected to represent the Alzheimer’s Association in a manner that exhibits inclusion and promotes goodwill. The Program Manager will raise local awareness and engagement. The Program Manager will strategically identify community needs, including collaborative relationships with other organizations and the cultivation of volunteers.
Program Manager, based in either the Longwood or Gainesville office of the Central and North Florida Chapter, will plan and execute all programs and services in support of the Alzheimer's Association Common Program Plan and in accordance with our strategic plan. This position also serves as the Chapter Lead for the new grant-funded Brain Bus program to ensure Brain Bus presence at larger, diverse community events in order to reach assigned Chapter goal for number of stops.
Essential Job Functions
- Recruit, coordinate, train, and oversee program volunteers in support of the Portfolio of Common Programs.
- Support volunteers in the scheduling, planning and delivery of Alzheimer's Association educational programs to key constituents and groups throughout the chapter territory; ensuring dissemination and collection of surveys to ensure quality of programs.
- Work closely with the Sr. Program Manager in the Florida Gulf Coast Chapter to effectively manage the Brain Bus contract in the Central and North Florida Chapter with the overall goal to increase awareness of the Association in the community.
- In collaboration with the other Program Managers, serve as the Chapter lead in securing Brain Bus presence at 200 community events across the Chapter territory and according to the Brain Bus program guidelines. Research large community events targeting diverse populations and schedule Brain Bus stops with the Sr. Program Manager.
- Serve as a point of contact with the Chapter for physician referrals, follow-up, and data entry of appropriate material related to physician outreach.
- Coordinate local support groups: recruit, train and manage support group facilitators; maintain accurate list of support groups; promote support groups to constituents.
- Build relationships with local community providers to ensure appropriate referrals to community agencies, area agencies on aging and other organizations; maintain local referral lists.
- Serve as local point of contact for persons with the disease, their caregivers, and healthcare providers including physicians.
- Participate as a team member and collaborator with the other staff leadership in the Central and North Florida Chapter, assisting with events and other meetings and activities as needed.
- Compile and maintain accurate documentation of all programs, groups, and activities.
- Master's degree in health care management, social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, education or related field preferred.
- Current licensure for clinical social work preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the listed fields (or a related field) required.
- 3 years of experience working in Alzheimer's or dementia field preferred.
- Experience recruiting, mentoring, retaining, managing and training volunteers.
- Knowledge and familiarity with North Central Florida communities.
- Bilingual with English and Spanish fluency preferred.
- Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Must possess a reliable personal vehicle, valid driver's license and proof of valid insurance.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed to conduct Chapter business.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including dynamic presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in a non-profit or similar organization a plus.
- Detail-oriented and adaptable with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative.
- Able to lift 25 pounds without difficulty.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, early mornings and occasional weekends.