Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s.
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
This position is responsible for implementing the chapter’s volunteer-powered program delivery strategy, engaging with organizations to encourage community mobilization and supporting the chapter’s health systems initiatives. Based in Fort Wayne, this position requires frequent travel throughout the assigned territory in Northeast and Northern Indiana.
Core Characteristics and Competencies
* Demonstrated success managing volunteer-led community education programs and support groups, with experience in recruitment, training, engagement, supervision and evaluation of volunteers
* Demonstrated success working on a team to identify, create and launch strategic partnerships
* Demonstrated success working with diverse populations, volunteers, staff, and external contacts to build and maintain successful teams
* Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and/or analyze growth opportunities and make programmatic recommendations to Chapter leadership
* Ability to coach and develop volunteer talent
* Strong communication skills in person, print, and electronically
* Ability to make data-driven decisions
Community Programs (50%)
* Increase reach of Alzheimer’s Association Common Programs with special emphasis on increasing participation among communities that have typically had low rates of engagement with the chapter
* Build and expand the number of Alzheimer’s Association Community Educators, Alzheimer’s Association Community Representatives, support group facilitators and other Community Volunteers
* Engage, train and manage relationships with community volunteers to expand the Alzheimer’s Association’s visibility and programmatic reach within assigned area
* Conduct annual performance evaluations of community volunteers
* Represent the chapter as needed at community events and networking groups
* Lead and conduct Community Forums in order to develop an informed and community-focused plan for service delivery
Community Partnerships (35%)
* Develop new, sustainable strategic community partnerships and volunteer supporters in an effort to increase the reach of the Association
* Build referral partnerships with social service agencies, service providers and congregations to identify prospective volunteers
* Analyze service data to identify gaps in delivery and create opportunities for increased volunteer engagement
Health Systems (15%)
* Support the implementation of the chapter’s health systems strategy
* Serve as a member of the account management team in an effort to engage health systems
* Develop relationships with physicians and clinical providers to enhance referrals to Association programs
* Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Human Services, Gerontology, Nursing, Public Health, or volunteer management
* 2 years of experience in managing volunteers
* 2 years of experience managing program implementation
* 1-2 years of experience in community outreach, community mobilization or organizational capacity building projects/initiatives
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfil the job goals.
* While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance.
* Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
* Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products, Google suite and; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn the Personify CRM database and volunteer management system
Job Reference #: 3802