The mission of the Alzheimer’s Association is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Association is the largest nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting families and professionals and working to find effective treatments and a cure for Alzheimer's. The National Capital Area Chapter is one of 75 chapters. The Alzheimer’s Association assist families coast to coast. Our Chapter’s territory includes DC, 5 counties in suburban & southern Maryland, and 11 counties in Northern Virginia.
General Statement of Responsibilities
Manages the delivery of programs and services based on the Association’s strategic plan deliverable for an assigned territory. This position is based in our Tyson’s office. The territory includes: Alexandria, Arlington, Tysons, Vienna, part of Fairfax County, and DC. This person meets assigned targets, responsible for providing quality customer services, and collaborates well internal and external constituents, health system partners, and volunteers.
This position reports to the Vice President of Programs and Services.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Delivers on set strategic plan care and support goals and objectives through set mission strategies.
- Participate in local activities to raise public awareness with consumers, business, and health care professionals. Occasional evening and weekend work is required, as is mobility to visit their region on an ongoing base.
- Demonstrated success managing volunteer-led community education programs, support groups, and other programs with strong experience in recruitment, training, engagement, supervision and evaluation of volunteers.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations of community volunteers.
- Collaborates with Chapter staff to increase the Association’s presence in the community ensuring largest possible impact through programs and services.
- Develops and leverages relationships with key community partners to maximize impact and increase visibility in the community.
- Collaborates with the manager of diversity outreach to support and identify initiatives to meet diversity and inclusion strategic plan objectives.
- Ensure compliance with strategic plan including collecting data and measuring progress towards strategic goals.
- Support the implementation of the chapter’s health systems strategy.
- Serve as a member of the account management team in an effort to engage health systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Social Work, Gerontology, Public health or Health Business Administration. Graduate degree a plus but not required.
- 3 years’ experience in managing volunteers is required.
- 3 years’ experience managing program implementation
- 2-4 years’ experience in community outreach, community mobilization or organizational capacity building projects/initiatives.
- Demonstrated history of health education, strong public speaking skills and an understanding of adult learning principles.
- Superior self-management skills and ability to work collaboratively with other departments to bring closure to projects.
- Outcome driven with proven experience in programming management.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills that reflect an understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Great interpersonal skills needed to work with diverse groups of people.
- Consistently achieves goals by finding ways to meet them even under tough circumstances.
- Able to cultivate relationships with key health sector businesses organizations and diverse populations to meet strategic plan.
- Ability to represent the Association effectively to community organizations, health system and hospitals, community leaders, and corporate partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer-based information systems.
Job Reference #: 3696