Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
This Program Manager provides leadership and strategic direction for implementation, growth and quality of Alzheimer's Association programs and services in the Iowa Chapter territory. Measureable outcomes are increased utilization of Care & Support services and engagement with key decision makers in the community for greater reach, with an emphasis on volunteer delivery of programs, increased partnerships with healthcare systems and long term care communities and consistently high quality delivery of service volunteerism and diverse communities.
- Assist the Program Director with the chapter’s Care & Support strategic initiatives, tactics and measures to increase the reach of care and support program and increase access to a timely diagnosis and quality care as established in the Strategic Implementation Plan.
- Assist with the development of a department plan to expand program reach with special attention to increasing participation among minority, high risk and underserved populations.
- Provide leadership for the delivery of all programs and services including program evaluation and adherence to program standards and reporting processes.
- Lead and conduct Community Forums in order to develop an informed and community-focused plan for service delivery.
2. Community Partnerships and Long Term Care Opportunities
- Develop new, sustainable community partnerships that advance the chapter mission, expand program reach and increase program delivery as per Strategic Plan goals.
- Build strategic partnerships with community organizations, academic, public and private sector to advance the chapter mission and serve more clients across the territory.
- Create a moves management process to develop relationships into partnerships supporting the full Alzheimer's Association mission.
- Lead staff in the cultivation of relationships with long term care organizations with an emphasis on the implementation of the Association’s Dementia Care Practice Recommendations.
- Analyze service data to identify gaps in rural delivery and create opportunities to expand education and support programs.
- Collaborate with the development team to create new funding streams for program expansion.
- Implement strategies to recruit, engage and manage volunteers to deliver Association education and support programs in order to expand community visibility and service delivery especially among minority, high risk and underserved populations.
- Monitor volunteer program outcomes and results to reinforce organizational accountability.
- In collaboration with the Program Director, develop recruitment plans and strategies.
- Work alongside the Volunteer Coordinator to analyze service data to identify gaps in rural delivery and create opportunities to expand education and support programs.
- Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Education, Public Health, Social Work, Health Care Management or related field preferred or relevant experience.
- Certification: Candidates who have a certification in nonprofit management, volunteer management, certified nonprofit professional or relevant certifications are encouraged to apply.
- Experience: 5 years of progressive experience with program delivery and management; 3 years of staff & volunteer management.
- Demonstrated history of services delivery, quality program evaluation, strong public speaking skills, and success in building a strong volunteer engagement program.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word & Excel) and Google; ability to learn donor and service user software.
- Demonstrated success leading a high performing team to achieve strategic initiatives.
- Experience recruiting, engaging and managing high performing volunteers.
- Demonstrated success working with diverse populations, volunteers, and staff to build and maintain successful teams.
- Skilled in the cultivation of productive working relationships with decision-makers in community based organizations, and/or long-term care settings.
- Outcome and data driven.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3479