Program Manager, Education
Job Title: Program Manager, Education
Location: Beachwood, OH
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Program Director
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
This position is responsible for implementing a volunteer-powered program delivery strategy to increase the number of constituents served through education programs and for building community partnerships that encourage community mobilization and volunteer engagement.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement a strategy to increase reach of Alzheimer’s Association Common Programs.
- Develop new, sustainable strategic community partnerships and volunteer supporters in an effort to increase the reach of the Association.
- Lead and conduct Community Forums in order to develop an informed and community-focused plan for service delivery.
- Engage, train and manage relationships with community volunteers to expand the Alzheimer’s Association’s visibility and programmatic reach within assigned area.
- Maintain accurate records through our data management system.
- Represent the chapter as needed at community events and networking groups.
- Present common program curriculums to community settings as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Human Services, Gerontology, Nursing, Public Health, Non-profit administration/management, or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ progressive, professional experience managing program implementation
- 1-2 years managing and recruiting volunteers
- 1-2 years of experience in community outreach, community mobilization or organizational capacity building projects/initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to recruit and manage volunteers
- Experience managing program implementation
- Experience in community outreach, community mobilization or organizational capacity building projects/initiatives
- Must possess valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfill the job goals.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.