Program Manager and Driver
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Program Manager will be responsible for implementing the delivery of Brain Bus throughout the State of Florida in conjunction with the regional Program Managers. This will involve managing volunteers and partnering with organizations to deliver community education programs and information or referrals to community members, caregivers and health professionals. It will also involve significant outreach and community engagement to develop and facilitate appropriate partnerships.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions suffering from the disease, their care givers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future.
- Increase awareness about Association programs and signature events and educate others about the warning signs, diagnostic centers and ways to reduce risk.
- Schedule, coordinate, and staff Brain Bus events with regional Program Managers.
- Build working relationships with state fairs, sporting events, health fairs, public health departments, corporate partners, civic organizations, community care organizations, care facilities and other stakeholders.
- Safely drive the Brain Bus throughout the state of Florida to planned events in support of program delivery efforts.
- Recruit, train and mentor volunteers with the intention of building out a more vibrant volunteer-driven program.
- Work to assure timely and effective public relations and marketing of Brain Bus events.
- Schedule vehicle for routine maintenance and repairs and maintain appropriate records.
- Submit and complete program reports, event participation, and grant-related paperwork in a timely manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required with equivalent work experience in education, public health, gerontology, social work, marketing, health care, event management, or a related field.
- Bilingual - English and Spanish required.
- Florida State driver’s license required.
- Ability to travel throughout the state of Florida including some overnights and weekends - up to 85% travel.
- Comfortable driving a vehicle with a long wheel base.
- Superior self-management skills, independent initiative and ability to collaborate.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people including persons with dementia, family and professional caregivers, diverse populations, corporate partners, foundation staff, volunteers, legislators and public policy officials.
- Effective written and oral communication skills; with impeccable attention to detail.
- Adaptable, organized and able to successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google applications; able to perform all training required for organizational CRM system, Personify360.
- Experience in volunteer management and support.
- Ability to analyze information, course correct, and make timely, appropriate decisions.
- Ability to collaborate and work well as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships within the community to foster a positive image for the Alzheimer's Association.
- Ability to work and succeed in dynamic, fast-paced, and results-oriented environment.
- Excellent customer service skills that reflect an understanding of cultural diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to build effective internal and external relationship networks including supporting others to enthusiastically work towards common objectives.
- Excellent public speaking skills; must demonstrate an ability to represent the organization with poise, confidence, diplomacy, and professionalism.
Job Reference #: 3515