Program Database Associate
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Greater Maryland Chapter is seeking an organized professional for a non-exempt position to provide administrative and operations support, with an emphasis on constituent services program support and data entry. This position reports to the Program Manager and is based in Timonium, MD.
Essential Job Functions
- Work proactively with care and support staff to ensure timely data entry for education programs, support groups, early stage programs, conferences, information and referrals, and Community Forums into the Customer Relationship Management Database (CRM) for care and support service contacts.
- Enter new or update changes to existing support groups and early stage social engagement programs in CRM.
- Use Volunteer Management System to keep volunteer listing updated and ensure that each volunteer is reflected in the Customer Relationship Management Database (CRM).
- Run reports to gather constituent information for mailings and e-blasts for upcoming events.
- Run CRM reports to assist Program Director to analyze key metrics and performance measures and to inform strategic decisions on outreach and program planning.
- Create online registration portal for conferences, education, and awareness events to ensure placement on website calendar and resource database.
- Monitor registration and send regular attendance reports to lead care and support staff.
- Create spreadsheets to track service contact information.
- Verify outdated data and make any necessary changes to records.
- Maintain data entry requirements by following data entry techniques and procedures.
- Contribute to team effort by coordinating event workflow with Communications and Admin staff.
Program Constituent Services Support
- Maintain vendor/exhibitor/sponsor lists.
- Distribute program materials to constituents as requested by Program Coordinator(s).
- Prepare class materials/flyers for Program Coordinator(s).
- Serve as point of contact for Program events.
- Acknowledge, review and process Program Event Database entries.
- Facilitate program mailings.
- Coordinate Program support needs with Volunteer Coordinator.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of experience preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Computer literate a must with understanding of gift processing and data maintenance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite.
- Knowledge of Luminate, Personify, other software programs/fundraising Relationship Management Database (CRM) preferred, but is not required. (Training is available).
- Ability to learn new software.
- Typing skills with reasonable speed and high accuracy.
- Excellent telephone skills, customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-starter, independent worker and willing to take initiative.
- Ability to work well independently and possess a strong team player orientation.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to stay focused on tasks consistently.
- Ability to work with great detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Reliable automobile and current automobile liability insurance.