Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with the disease, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last ten years in a row.
The Programs Coordinator will oversee all volunteer service delivery for the Northeast Colorado region of seven counties in the areas of helpline, education and support. This position manages the care and support services to include volunteer recruitment, training, placement and supervision for education classes, caregiver support groups and early stage engagement programs. In addition, the Programs Coordinator will conduct in-office care consultations.
* Oversee volunteer-delivered education programs, including recruitment, training and retention of community educators.
* Schedule education classes and monitor attendance, ensuring optimum class offerings and attendance levels.
* Create a quarterly Education Calendar.
* Coordinate volunteer-led community presentations, including AV equipment, scheduling, logistics, class sign-in sheets, handouts and evaluations.
* Oversee volunteers delivering support group programs, early stage engagement and Helpline assistance.
* Recruit, train and provide continuing education and substitutes for the Northeastern Colorado support group leaders. Assess and establish new groups as needed.
* Provide regular communication to support group leaders including educational information, Alzheimer’s Association updates and community resources.
* Oversee compliance with support group standards, annual site visits and the CPE (common program evaluation) process.
* Assist families living with Alzheimer’s and related dementia by providing emotional support, reducing disease burden and providing personalized navigation planning during care consultation sessions.
* Represent the Alzheimer’s Association at community-wide meetings and on relevant initiatives.
* Support the fundraising events of the Development Manager throughout the region.
* A Bachelor’s degree in human services, education, public health or related field. Master’s Degree in a related field preferred
* A minimum of two years of experience coordinating program activities. Experience with volunteer management, recruitment and retention strongly preferred
* Skill in communicating to different constituents, professionals, families and the community
* Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database management
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to work independently, self-start and take initiative
* Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and work with frequent interruptions
* Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
* Ability to work with attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to work some evenings and weekends
* Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
* Spanish-language proficiency preferred
Job Reference #: 3572