The Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting with care and support program delivery which includes helpline coordination, care consultations and community education for our 14 county territories served directly and in directly through program volunteers. This would also include recruiting, training, and overseeing volunteers to provide program services. This position includes knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias towards providing care consultations to caregivers, persons living with Alzheimer’s disease, family members and others. This position reports to the Program Director and is based in Columbus, OH.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide Helpline coordination and triage 24/7 Helpline follow ups and emails during normal business hours assisting callers with education, support, and referrals to chapter programs and community-based referrals that meet their needs including constituent data entry.
- Provide 1:1 care consultation by phone, or by appointment in office, to caregivers, persons living with dementia, or others. This includes care plan documentation, data entry, and follow up activities as needed.
- Provide community education through our Common Programs to our 14 county territories directly or through volunteers, as needed, in collaboration with our Education Program Coordinator.
- Provide volunteer coordination and oversight of program volunteers including recruiting, ongoing training, coaching, and mentoring related to care and support delivery.
- Networks with stakeholders and community influencers towards increasing public Alzheimer’s disease awareness targeting audiences throughout the chapter territory and continuously identifying new audiences to inform and educate on Association programs.
- Collaborates with appropriate staff/volunteers’ distribution of resource materials, including assisting with marketing communication and visual aid assistance for educational programs.
- Support other clinical staff and program volunteers as needed, i.e., facilitate a support group.
- Submit data and statistical reports to Program Director related to funding sources such as grants and Association reports.
- Masters in Social Work or Counseling (or related equivalent) required.
- Experience in case management and clinical counseling skills in listening, assessment, excellent judgement, empathy, advocacy, negotiation, referral, and closure.
- Experience in public speaking, community education and volunteer training.
- Experience in dementia care including direct work with families, caregivers preferred.Valid social work or counseling license.
- Basic knowledge about Alzheimer’s disease, related forms of dementia, and its impact on families and caregivers.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Requires knowledge and abilities to successfully network clients to community agencies and services.
- Knowledge of grant process, goals and outcomes towards program delivery.
- Ability to work independently within chapter’s interdisciplinary clinical care team.
- Ability to work with individuals with Alzheimer’s and their families, staff, volunteers and external contacts.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks with careful attention to detail.
- Ability to work with individuals from all socio-economic, racial, and ethnic groups.
- Proficiency with computer applications including databases and Microsoft Office.
Position Working Conditions
- Program Coordinator is part of chapter’s clinical support team with interrelated tasks.
- Travel by car to provide county education, programs and services and attend meetings within the chapter territory.
- Ability to fulfill assignments on evenings and weekends as needed.
- Possession of valid driver’s license and use of personal insured vehicle required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions or perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor. Essential elements of the job may change as necessary. The demands of the job may extend beyond normal working hours and include weekends and evenings from time to time.
Job Reference #: 3441