Program Coordinator - Part Time
- Acts as liaison between the branch and main Cincinnati offices of Alzheimer’s Association.
- Participates as member of the Helpline team in designated counties.
- Provides Family Care Consultation (family-directed care planning services) to caregivers within the counties served.
- Coordinates the family caregiver workshop series "What Families Need to Know" and other educational programs for family and professional caregivers at key sites in assigned counties.
- Collaborates with formal care providers in community based, health systems and/or long-term care settings to offer professional education programs, conduct ongoing outreach efforts and offer NextSteps program.
- Provides community educational programming to civic groups, faith communities, social service agencies, and other community groups in local counties; focus on outreach.
- Plans for and organizes Family Support Groups as needed within the counties served, and serves as staff liaison to volunteer support group facilitators in assigned counties.
- Maintains and submits all grant logs on time for the week, month and quarter.
- Collaborates with the other team members effectively for programs and development support.
- Completes required documentation of programs and services that are delivered.
- Utilization of BRI/TCC Program
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, nursing or related area, license preferred
- Experience in the aging network within the counties to be served
- Understanding of dementing illnesses and family caregiving issues
- Able to multitask, work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work effectively with volunteers, staff and external contacts
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities
- Strong organizational skills to plan, implement, and administer programs
- Proficient in presentation, public speaking and written communication
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills that reflect an understanding of different learning modalities, group process, and cultural diversity
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google, database management and social media
- Valid driver’s license and car for travel within service area
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2911