Under the direction of the Regional Director, the Program Assistant works closely with North Bay staff (San Rafael and Santa Rosa offices) and the San Jose Chapter leadership staff to assure smooth and efficient office operations. The Program Assistant has the primary responsibility for staffing the reception area and welcoming all visitors and callers. This position is responsible for maintaining up-to-date data entry and file maintenance and helps recruit, train, and support volunteers. The Program Assistant also conducts Spanish language outreach and education to the Latino community.
This is a part-time position, 30 hours/week, reporting to the Regional Director, located in Santa Rosa, California.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Staff reception desk and provide the first point of contact for the organization
* Administrative support to the Regional Director and staff
* Maintain office organizational systems, files, and common areas
* Process incoming donations, registration fees, honorariums, check requests and invoices
* Oversee facility operations and maintenance of office equipment
Family Services and Education Programs
* Manage CRM database
* Assist with arrangements for educational programs and annual education conferences, and manage workshop and conference registrations
* Work with Chapter Communications staff and community partners to develop, coordinate and ensure promotion of programs, services and events
* Assist in coordination of supports groups, disseminate materials and collect attendance records; update support group listings in CRM database
* Field general questions about The Longest Day and Walk to End Alzheimer’s, and use CRM database to help participants register, fundraise and set up their own webpage
* Process team and participant funds that are turned into the office
* Provide administrative support to Walk Manager and The Longest Day Manager
* Participate in at least two Walk to End Alzheimer’s annual events as requested
* Help recruit volunteers through VolunteerMatch and other volunteer outlets; forward applications to appropriate staff
* Train and support volunteers, oversee office volunteer tasks, ensure tracking of volunteer hours
* Assist with annual volunteer appreciation event(s)
Culture of Collaboration
* Fully engage in a culture where team collaboration is more highly valued than individual achievement
* Work as a team to accomplish, if not exceed, organizational goals in the National Strategic Plan
* Participate in Walk to End Alzheimer’s staff team and personal fundraising goals
* Work at least one weekend in the fall for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s
* Respond to public policy calls to action & participate in advocacy days
* Enhance our culture of diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the job
* Bachelor’s degree preferred; degree in gerontology, social work, public health or related field helpful; experience with Alzheimer’s disease, caregiving or aging issues desired
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful
* 2 years of experience in nonprofit social services, or related experience
* 2 years office administration or project management experience
* Able to work compassionately with persons with neurocognitive disorders and their care partners
* Experience working with diverse communities and demonstrating inclusion
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work professionally and demonstrate excellent customer service, both internally and externally
* Builds effective relationships with staff, volunteers and community partners
* Well organized and detail-oriented with consistent and timely follow through
* Strong computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Apps; prior experience with CRM and volunteer databases, and ability to rapidly learn new software
* Ability and willingness to travel by car within the assigned territory. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, and good driving record.
* Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the position.
* Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs. of materials.