Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The Program Assistant provides administrative support to the Program director and other key staff in the delivery of Chapter programs and services.
This is a part-time position working 24 hours a week.
* Participates on the Administrative Lead team, as assigned, with first-line responsibility for: opening and closing office; answering/directing incoming calls; greeting visitors (if volunteer is not present); retrieves, opens and distributes daily mail; enters daily receipts; and meters outgoing mail
* Enters data into computer for all records related to service delivery, including but not limited to: attendance sheets for support groups, education programs, MedicAlert Safe Return enrollees
* Files and maintains security of client documents per policies and procedures
* Prepares monthly, quarterly and year-end statistics spreadsheets for all programs
* Completes registration list, sign-in sheet and other data entry for educational programs
* Maintains literature inventory for Resource Center, fills literature orders and revises resource materials as needed
* Prepares information packets for Helpline, Care Consultation and other programs as needed
* Prepares bulk mailings for programs, such as special program flyers, etc.
* Prepares scheduled program evaluation mailings to consumers who use Helpline, Care Consultation and Support Groups and sends completed surveys to National office.
* Takes minutes and disseminates meeting notes for monthly Program staff meeting
* Assists Program staff with preparation of PowerPoint presentations, compiling mailing lists, etc.
* Assists Program staff with preparation of meeting rooms (i.e. set-up and break-down) for all on-site programs and special off-site programs, i.e. Symposium
* Assists Program staff with copying/filing Program-related materials and client documents
* Assists with confirming/entering registrations for special educational programs as needed (i.e. Symposium)
* Assists with data entry in the Development department as needed, such as event registrations, donations, etc.
* Maintains and updates Program information on website and in Personify database
* Other duties as assigned
* College degree or equivalent experience
* Experience in administrative support position is required
* Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and experience with database systems required
* Strong organizational skills, analytical skills and initiative
* Good communication skills
Job Reference #: 3617