The Program Assistant is directly responsible for the oversight of the Helpline which is a service provided to families, individuals, and professionals affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia. This position will also provide technical and administrative support to the Programs and Services Department. The Program Assistant reports directly to the Director of Programs and Services, and is based in Albany, NY.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee Helpline operations including: checking the daily Contact Center report: providing information, referrals and support to persons with dementia, families, professional caregivers, and anyone in need of dementia-related information; process and sending information packets to constituents as requested, documenting the constituent record in Personify database and creating follow-up activity/assignments for Program Managers as indicated.
- Conduct level 1 care consultations for Albany County constituents and ensure that callers are triaged to Program leadership or the Contact Center for level 2 Care Consultations as needed.
- Respond to general program information calls that come directly to the office.
- Respond to e-mails from constituents with services requests from the website.
- Maintain community resource lists, calendars and other relevant information in the database (s) for internal and National Contact Center use.
- Work with the Office Manager to develop and/or maintain a system for ordering brochures and program materials.
- Assist Program Managers by entering Support Group information into Personify database.
- For all Support Groups, enter information on flyer templates and in monthly County Program listing. Assist with the development and maintenance of marketing materials in order to enthusiastically promote support groups and ensure maximum attendance.
- Assist with processing registrations (including adding constituents to Personify) for Community Education Programs and other Program events.
- Utilizing Sign-in Sheets for Support Groups, enter attendees into Personify database.
- Assist and support Association programs and events as needed.
- Provide administrative and technical support to the Programs and Services Department.
- Represent the Association at health fairs and/or community outreach events and/or deliver Alzheimer’s Association overview presentations as requested.
- Other projects and duties assigned by the Director of Programs and Services, the Director of Education and Outreach or Associate Director of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (may be substituted with relevant experience)
- Minimum 2 years in health/human service related field.
- Familiarity with Alzheimer’s and related dementia, and/or aging and health issues
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Windows and other software programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Personify and Google Apps
- Solid work ethic, attention to detail, and strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Absolute commitment to confidentiality
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel locally, regionally, and to a lesser extent, nationally as needed, to perform job duties
- NYS driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle
The Alzheimer’s Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Reference #: 3601