Product Manager - General Public
JOB TITLE: Product Manager, General Public
REPORTS TO: Chief Mission Engagement Officer
LOCATION: Chicago, IL or U.S. based remote
STATUS: Full time, Exempt
As part of the new Mission Engagement team, the Product Manager will create, launch and grow products to enhance and expand delivery of the mission of the Alzheimer's Association through a focus on engaging people living with dementia, caregivers and volunteers. Working closely with teams and subject matter experts across the organization including Programs, Development, Corporate Initiatives and Marketing, this role will manage a portfolio of products to increase reach of the Association and access to quality care for constituents.
- Support the development and launch of products that increase reach to and access to quality care for the general public.
- Significantly increase engagement of the general public with the Association through new product development as well as product enhancements, leveraging offerings such as education programs, online resources, care consultation and more.
- Responsible for a portfolio of products and their associated vision, road map and budgets.
- Create personas and define product positioning statements informed by research and collaboration with subject matter experts across the organization.
- Execute research that informs product strategy including quantitative and qualitative research to define new audiences, identify target insights and optimal user experience.
- Conduct ongoing external market analysis of products similar to those in portfolio.
- Manage requirements gathering effort for product, categorize information and prioritize to build timeline.
- Write Requests for Proposals and conduct searches for any third party support required to identify, develop and launch products.
- Manage budget for portfolio of products including expenses to launch and forecasting maintenance and revenue.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts cross-functionally to identify opportunities, establish goals, plan required resources and build, price and promote products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be: Curious. Creative. Collaborative. Innovative. Optimistic. Strategic.
- Experience developing products for professions in the health space. Direct experience with researchers and clinicians preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high standard for execution while balancing the goals and benefits of a minimally viable product.
- Strong business acumen with ability to see how to leverage existing or create new assets to reach objectives in the strategic plan.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies to reach or influence target audiences.
- Experience building products for the general public to educate and provide resources related to a health concern.
- Track record of effective collaboration and ability to successfully lead in a matrixed environment.
- Experience identifying appropriate digital platforms based on product and audience need.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work while keeping to a timeline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates alignment with our core values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a related field
- 5-8 years’ experience managing product development
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability and willingness to travel up by ground and air transportation up to 15% (depending on home base); including some overnights
Alzheimer’s Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.