Physician Outreach Coordinator - Part Time
The Alzheimer's Association, Long Island Chapter provides a variety of education, information and support services to persons with dementia, their families, health care professionals, and the community. The Physician Outreach Coordinator is primarily responsible for coordinating and leading outreach activities to the physician community diagnosing and caring for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementias (neurologists, geriatricians, geriatric psychiatrists) and physicians treating those at risk for developing Alzheimer’s disease (PCPs, podiatrists, rheumatologists, etc.). The Physician Outreach Coordinator will also coordinate the annual Med/Sci Symposium for health care professionals. The individual also supports activities that promote the services of the chapter. This position is part-time and is not eligible for benefits.
* Manages the chapter’s physician outreach initiatives by conducting visits and building relationships with physician, nurses, office staff, clinics, and hospitals in Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
* Assists in outreach efforts and builds working relationships with service providers, care facilities and other stakeholders who collaborate on Association initiatives.
* Executes communication strategies to persuade provider referral sources to send patients to 24/7 Helpline and Association programs and services.
* Establishes and maintains ongoing communications with referring providers and/or their office staff, including routine or follow-up visits, emails, and phone calls.
* Identifies tactics to promote provider interaction and engagement including site visits, staff meetings, social events, grand rounds, referral dinners, etc.
* Represent the Chapter at appropriate and assigned meetings.
* Promotes opportunities for others to partner with the Alzheimer’s association through recruitment of advocates, referrals to Trial Match, volunteer opportunities and other organizational initiatives.
* Works with communications to assure timely and effective public relations and marketing of educational support services and programs.
* Remains knowledgeable and current in information related to Alzheimer’s and related diseases as well as national, state, and local initiatives that affect the targeted population.
* Helps organize Physician recruitment events
* Identifies appropriate individuals to work on chapter initiatives - special events, health fairs, programs, communications, etc.
* Assists in the coordination of training for Physician Outreach Volunteers.
* Works with staff to assure that requirements for grant-funded programs and services in the assigned territory are met.
* Works with the national office to ensure uniformity of materials.
* Submits timely and accurate records and reports, and other information as requested.
* Bachelor’s degree in health care related field: nursing, gerontology, social work or related
* Understanding of the disease process and options for caregiver interventions.
* Commitment to the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association
* Ability to work with a wide range of people including physicians, nurses, persons with dementia, family caregivers, corporations, foundations, and volunteers.
* Strong organizational skills to plan, implement and evaluate program
* Effective written and oral communication skills; strong public speaking skills
* Good decision-making skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, Power Point and Google applications.
* Ability to work independently
* Presents self in a professional manner.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 3065