The Outreach Coordinator plans and conducts outreach throughout the chapter region with the purpose of building and strengthening relationships with organizations, groups, and communities, better reaching disproportionately impacted, underserved, and isolated populations and communities, and engaging community members in the direct application of strategic goals.
* Develops, implements, and maintains chapter outreach activities in accordance with Chapter and National Standards, the Portfolio of Common Programs, and the current Strategic Implementation Plan
* Cultivates relationships with chapter’s diverse constituents and ensures that their interests and needs are welcomed and fully considered in chapter programs, mission activities and business practices. Priority populations include but are not limited to: Hispanic/Latino, African American, Native American, LGBTQ, and faith-based communities
* Plans and conducts direct community and organizational outreach throughout chapter region and employs creative strategy in building and enhancing relationships through direct outreach throughout chapter region
* Engages community members, stakeholders, and professionals in discussion of key community issues, service gaps, and potential solutions
* Maintains accurate databases of key outreach targets, stakeholders, and service providers
* Provides care consultation services and assists program team with delivery and coordination of in-office, in-home, email, and telephone care consultations.
* Works closely with program staff to ensure efficient referral of clients to care consultation and other appropriate chapter services.
* Collects and analyzes data related to key strategic outreach indicators against stated goals
* Promotes organizational mission through active participation in local coalitions, committees, and health events
* Partners with chapter staff in development and evaluation of programs supporting major chapter outreach platform areas
* Identifies and recruits potential volunteers to assist in the direct application of strategic goals
* Provides supervision and guidance to students, volunteers, or support staff in conducting activities related to chapter outreach initiatives
* Assists in various capacities with the delivery of all programs including: Information and Referral, Care Consultation, Education & Training, Support Groups, Early Stage, Respite, TrialMatch, Safety Services, Advocacy, and any other programs throughout the service area.
* Bachelor’s degree with at least four years of related experience
* Bilingual (Spanish/English)
* Knowledge of community social work, diversity and inclusiveness, community organizations , and dementia-related experience preferred
* Ability to build and enhance community relationships and to work effectively with community contacts
* Works effectively in a team-based environment with staff and volunteers
* Self-directed and flexible with exceptional organizational skills
* Flexible schedule required including nights and weekends
* Must have reliable transportation and ability to travel by car throughout the eight county region of Western New York with occasional out-of-area travel