Operations Specialist – Greater Indiana Chapter
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Work Hours: Full-time
Grade: 203, Non-exempt
Reports To: Director of Operations
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide customer service to Chapter constituents:
- Answer phones and direct voicemails
- Greet office visitors
- Handle general inquiries and distribute general mail to Chapter contacts
- Conduct research to answer constituent inquiries to the Chapter
- Fulfill outgoing mail or shipping to constituents in support of the program and development teams
- Execute financial processes with a specific focus on expenses:
- Manage vendor relations and process weekly accounts payable batch
- Track, code, and prepare monthly submission of Shop for the Cause invoices to finance
- Complete expense report(s) for Chapter leadership
- Manage office equipment, vendors and supplies:
- Work with vendors, troubleshoot, and train staff on the use of printers, copiers, postage meters, phones, etc.
- Maintain organization and inventory of materials in Chapter offices
- Fulfill materials and supplies for staff in outlying markets as needed
- Coordinate logistics for staff meetings and retreats, meetings and Chapter events, including catering, registration, set up, etc.
- Support the Director of Operations or Chapter Executive with special projects
- Provide support to the development team, helping to coordinate logistics for wraparound and fundraising events
- Support the program team with data entry for education programs, support groups and physician referrals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- One year conducting administrative functions in a professional office setting
- Preferred Years of Experience: Three years conducting administrative functions in an office setting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communications skills and attitude of customer service
- Organizational and planning skills, attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work amidst frequent interruptions
- Strong technology skills, proficient with software including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and customer databases
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the Association’s mission and constituents
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.