The Operations Manager will manage administrative and financial tracking to support the Senior Director of Conference Services, AAIC Planning Committee and department staff. Supervises all budget requirements from all departments.
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Conference Services and is located in Chicago, IL.
Essential Job Functions:
- Budget oversight of department, AAIC and Leadership Summit. Create, edit and maintain template files for departmental information and programs. Assist in Steering committee. Create and maintain Access databases for conferences and small meetings. Prepare function book templates with basic SQL programming to assist department staff with data entry automation. Create budget templates to track and forecast year end results throughout the year. Run various MAS 500 reports and Team Approach reports to track and research any discrepancies. Assist Associate Director with coordinating travel arrangements for department staff and reconcile the Travel Store expenses in the SDOL system. Investigate unauthorized travel and follow-up with vendor on travel refunds. Coordinate correspondence and distribution of sponsor materials (i.e. brochures) for AAIC. Assist meeting staff on-site and as office coordinator at larger conferences AAIC. Work closely with exhibit management company to track and process all exhibit payments. Work closely with VAT vendor when overseas to process monthly paper work for all international conferences in order to secure refund.
- Oversee all expense reporting of department. Manage all correspondence, memos, reports, minutes and other departmental documents; answer telephone calls, update department voicemail and respond to AAIC emails consistently; assist department staff with copying, faxing, filing and distribution of various documents; maintain inventory of department supplies. Sort and distribute department mail. Coordinate weekly department meetings and monthly AAIC meetings. Maintain department calendar for outside meetings, conferences, travel time, and other time away. Assist in various capacities with new chapter meetings.
- Review all vendor invoices for accuracy. Route invoices for approval and process and code all charges to general ledger. Review, research and dispute all discrepancies. Audit and reconcile all staff, speaker, vendors and travel fellowship expense reports. Prepare expense/revenue reports and assist in reconciliation for both general department budget and AAIC budget. Provide assistance and support to team members in the Accounting department as requested. Meet weekly with Senior Director for review and updates of all budget tracking. Participate in cost savings meetings. Participate in revenue generation brainstorms
- Design layouts for forms, badges, tent cards, certificates, reports or any other document as directed by Conference Services department. Edit and proof forms and surveys, signs and scientific documents used by Conference Services department and the Office of the President when working on BOD Meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 4 years of experience in meetings industry
- 4 years of project management experience
- Experience working with a variety of administrative systems such as invoices, payment requests, order forms, travel and leave requests, reimbursement, etc.
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs and various database applications
- Strong budget management tracking
- Strong data entry and multi-tasking skills
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Typing speed of 55 wpm
- Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to attend to detail and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, vendors, presenters, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lb boxes
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally
- Must possess valid US passport or ability to obtain one
Job Reference #: 2965