Working as a team member, this person will assist in maintaining, updating and retrieving Event/Walk data and supporting development, programs and advocacy goals through database operations. An enthusiastic, organized, self-motivated individual, this person helps Development team to meet participant and sponsorship recruitment and funding event goals. Must be skilled in multiple software programs and be willing to learn and excel in donor software systems. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, be able to work under stress, and be flexible where there are high expectations for meeting tight deadlines and producing accurate work. Person must develop a working knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and its impact on families and caregivers. He or she must be a team player and "pitch in" when required. This position serves a Chapter area of 37 counties.
This full-time position is located in Charlottesville, VA and reports to the Operations Manager.
- Utilize Convio, Team Approach and Personify databases to support Chapter goals. This includes successfully processing and documenting mail/walk sponsorships to be sent to Donor Services at Home Office and our vendor Merkle for data entry three times weekly. Compiling Team Captain reports, during Walk season.
- Support Operations Manager in the creation of lists and/or mailing labels from Team Approach; gather requested information and disseminate it to staff leadership. Coordinate the label printing from constituent database for annual Conferences and other Association event mailings.
- With Operations Manager, oversees Team Approach and Convio (Walk constituent database) in an effort to maintain data integrity.
- Provide support to WTEA goals for walkers, teams, sponsorships and participant revenue.
- Assist staff and committees with facilitating participant communication. This includes calling new Teams as they register and other communication as needed.
- Provide phone system support as operator.
- Provide operational support to Programs and Services.
- Provide input to Communications Director and Development staff in the creation of program materials including instructional pamphlets, and marketing brochures for both print and web-based initiatives.
- Responsible for logistical support and assistance with on-site management for all events as needed.
- Associate degree in business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in an administrative support role, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and database software.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable personal vehicle.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coach and direct volunteers.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven effectiveness to engage others in fulfilling the mission.
- Must be team player committed to constant improvement and creative approaches in changing situations.
- Must display good judgment and exhibit strong customer-service orientation.
Job Reference #: 2934