Operations Coordinator-Home Office
Job Title: Operations Coordinator-Home Office
Location: Chicago, IL
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Vice President, Global Conferences & Events
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Operations Coordinator will manage administrative tasks and financial tracking to support the Vice President of Global Conferences & Events, the AAIC Planning Committee and the department staff. Supervises all budget requirements from all departments.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in department budget.
- Create, edit and maintain templates for departmental information and programs.
- Prepare expense/revenue reports and assist in reconciliation of department and annual conference budgets.
- Review, prepare and reconcile all expense reports including travel expenses. Work closely with the accounting department.
- Participate in cost savings meetings and revenue generation brainstorms.
- Track and process accounts receivables.
- Manage all correspondence, memos, reports, minutes and other departmental documents.
- Answer telephone calls, update department voicemail and respond to annual conference emails consistently. Maintain department calendar, inventory of department supplies, sort and distribute department mail.
- Assist department staff with filing, distribution of various documents and coordinating travel arrangements.
- Coordinate weekly department meetings, monthly annual conference meetings, and various other meetings as requested
- Design templates for various forms, badges, tent cards, certificates, reports and various other documents
- Edit and proof forms and surveys, signs and scientific documents
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 4 years of project management and administrative experience required.
- 4 years of meetings industry experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in a variety of administrative systems such as invoices, payment requests, order forms, travel and leave requests, reimbursement, etc.
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Office Suite, Smartsheet and various other database applications
- Strong budget management skills
- Strong data entry skills
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Superior ability to remain calm under pressure and thrive in a high-paced work environment
- Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to attend to detail and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, vendors, presenters, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lb boxes
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally
- Typing speed of 55 wpm
- Must possess valid US passport or ability to obtain one
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.