Office Operations Specialist (Home Office - DC)
Job Title: Office Operations Specialist (Home Office - DC)
Location: Washington, DC
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Senior Director, Public Policy Operations
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last 12 years in a row.
The Office Operations Specialist provides support to division departments in the form of research, slide production, information and data tracking and analysis, and meeting support. The position also supports AIM Operations in development and board relations as well as tracking/reconciliation of donations. In addition the position supports the Sr. Director, Operations in production of the annual Advocacy Forum both in planning and on-site. The position is responsible for video production for department videos. Finally, this position works in coordination with the Office Coordinator to ensure that the division is receiving the operational support necessary to achieve its goals.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides support for key cross-departmental projects and initiatives including:
- Slide preparation, research for department projects with initial analysis and reporting as appropriate. In coordination with office coordinator meeting support including catering and room set up.
- Support AIM Advocacy Forum:
- Meeting reporting and tracking of activities. Support Hill briefings and other special events, Materials production (leave behind kits), RSVP tracking, National Dinner seating logistics, slide production, survey creation, distribution and analysis
- Policy Training Video Production:
- Lead in production of Policy Training Videos (PJU) recording, editing for public distributionSupport Performance Metrics program:
- In coordination with the Data Analytics Specialist monitor and analyze public policy performance metrics, submission of data for Association (BIG)
- Support of CPPO work with the NAPA Advisory Council:
- Provide support for key speaking engagements and written communications (slide production, material submission)
- Support AIM Development:
- Event logistics support
- KPI #3 dashboard maintenance & reporting
- Reconciliation between Aristotle/AIM Website donation reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3yrs of applicable experience (3 To include project management, video and presentation production, data tracking and analysis, meeting support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in Video and Slide Presentation production
- Experience in Data tracking and Analysis/financial tracking
- Experience in Meeting support (minutes, notices, slide presentation, meeting logistics)
- Strong organizational and project management skills
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.